Members from Africa — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Members from Africa

Options
Ignatiusyork
Ignatiusyork Community member Posts: 112 Courageous
edited May 2020 in Start here and say hello!
Hello, my name is Ignatius and a new member of scope from West Africa, Ghana.
would like to know how scope help people with disability in Africa and also how to get a job with scope?

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ignatiusyork and welcome again to the Community.  Thank you for sharing with us.  It is always nice to meet new members from other countries.  Scope is a disability charity in the UK which provides practical information and emotional support to disabled people.  Within Scope, there is the Community Forum where members and the Scope Team all support each other with regards to their disabilities/health conditions and we provide advice/information if members require it.  Within the forum we are also here if members just want to chat and we have a number of discussions going on which members join in on or can even start up a new discussions such as practical support or even have a more light-hearted discussion about our hobbies or pets.  The best way to understand what we do within the forum is to have a look around the site and familiarise yourself with the discussions going on and if you see anything you are interested in then you are most welcome to join in.  We also have a virtual Coffee Lounge and that is where we discuss the more lighter subjects.  

I'm unsure as to how Scope helps people with a disability in Africa as it is UK based, but that doesn't mean we can't provide support to yourself or other disabled people in other countries and you are certainly most welcome here.  There is a section about jobs at Scope on the website, where you can apply for posts, but I'm not familiar with the recruitment process at Scope myself.  You may wish to speak to one of our Scope Team about this so I will tag in @Adrian_Scope to see if he can provide a better insight into this for you.  Meantime, I hope the above information is of some help to you.  If you have any questions though then please do ask as we are very happy to help you.  I hope you enjoy your time with us on the forum as we are a friendly bunch of people.  I look forward to seeing you here.  All the best.  :smile:

Hi @Adrian_Scope, would you be able to advice @Ignatiusyork as above?  Thanks @Ails:smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ignatiusyork - I hope Ails has been able to help you, & I am sure Adrian will add his advice on Monday. I am unsure I can add anything, but I had a look online & found this link to the Ghana Federation of Disability Organisations: https://www.gfdgh.org/  This lists several charities for disabled people in your country.
    Anyway, thank you for joining, & I hope you find our community able to help you. :)

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Ignatiusyork

Good Morning it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Here is some info below for you about the charity which is based here in the UK.

https://www.scope.org.uk/

Please please let me know if you need any further help /support?

@steve51

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,937 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Ignatiusyork. Scope is UK-based and only operates in England and Wales, so our impact in Ghana is unfortunately very limited. However, you can find a list of our current vacancies on our website at Jobs at Scope.

Hopefully the link Chiarieds has provided will be helpful for you. If it's of interest, there's also Sparklers Foundation and Voice Ghana.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness