PIP ADVICE FOR EVERYONE — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP ADVICE FOR EVERYONE

Options
samfits99
samfits99 Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
Everyone who thinks they should of been awarded PIP don't give up!!!!!!! so many people give up when they don't get it but don't!!!!! my friend didn't get it and he won his appeal and has just got 8K plus in his bank account Friday just gone. before someone says it i will  ...... I AM NOT SAYING YOU WILL GET IT! but if you feel like you should be entitled to PIP don't give up and push what is yours.! i did, i got mine straight away. even if i didn't which sounds strange i would be bothered because i no i would take it to the tribunal and WIN. obviously there is no guarantee but i no i would definitely win!! just go off the descriptors ... and see where you gain your points and make it clear! these decision-makers are not medically trained train. so many claims win at tribunal ( BUT NOT ALL)!!!  so many people think they want you to take it to a tribunal but they really don't. because if they lose and you gain your points you could be due a lot of money depending on the level of the award!

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @samfits99 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  This is such a positive message and thanks for sharing with us.  Yes, it pays to stick at it and not to give up for certain!  Congratulations to your friend for winning his appeal!  Great news!  Glad to hear you got yours also.  Nice to hear positive DWP stories for a change.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.