In the process of appealing DWP decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

In the process of appealing DWP decision

Options
Jamesluton
Jamesluton Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all, I am currently in the process of appealing the dwp decision. I suffer from depression and degenerative disc disease. I’m also being examined for me loosing my balance. I have received the paperwork from DWP and they have requested that I don’t get my Tribuneral. This is all affecting my mental state. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jamesluton and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm really sorry to hear about all your health issues and your current situation with DWP.  I can appreciate that their decision must be quite upsetting and stressful for you.  Is it PIP you are appealing for?  I wish you well with your appeal and please let us know how you get on.  The site has very good information on various benefits including appeals and tribunals if you want to take a look.  You can type in whichever benefit you are claiming for in the search panel at the top right-hand corner of the screen.  I'm not an expert on benefits myself, sorry, but other members or the Scope Team may be able to advise you better and if so will post here.  Meantime, I know it is easy for me to say, but please try not to worry.  We are all here for you on the Community and can support you through this process.  Please feel free to chat to us anytime if you need to as there will always be someone on here to listen.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Jamesluton
    Jamesluton Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    thank you very much for your message. it’s nice to know that there is people to chat with about any issues you might have! 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jamesluton - Welcome to the community from me too, & thank you for joining us all. I'm sorry to read about your continuing health issues. As Ails says, is your appeal about PIP, or another benefit? The good thing about tribunals is that they are totally independent of the DWP & will make their own decision, so please try not to worry about that. So please say how we may help. What advice do you need right now? We have several members & also a knowledgeable Scope team, who will be most willing to help about any benefits. Any questions are absolutely fine. :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jamesluton

Good Evening & Welcome to our Community.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Sorry to hear about your current problems with DWP.

You will find many members who have/are going through similar problems.

Please please dive in and please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with your “trials/tribulations”

@steve51

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.