HELP HELP HELP ANYONE — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

HELP HELP HELP ANYONE

charlotte441
charlotte441 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
Hi everyone I’m Charlotte. I’m currently getting PIP. my claim date ends on March 10th 2021. is it worth me calling PIP up to see when I might get my award review in the post? or would I be wasting my time? also would they be able to tell me when it will be on its way out to me. thank you everyone that gets back to this message. ?

Comments

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    hi, someone will reply soon :) best of luck
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @charlotte441 Welcome to the community

PIP review forms are sent out 6 months prior to your current award ending so you have time before they should be due.

You can user the time to start gathering evidence.

Currentl though they are not doing and assessments and by the time they are operating normally there will be a back log of cases to deal with as anyone currently due for renewal are having the award extended by 6 months so there will be all those to deal with

I wouldn't contact them as yet wait till the 6 month prior if you haven't hear anything 
  • charlotte441
    @janer1967 thank you for your reply. someone messaged me saying 6 months before it due to end. they also said what you stated about there will be a back log of claims to get through. someone said I might not get anything till November/ December time. when should I call them up if I haven’t received the award review form? I’m gathering as much evidence as I can possibly do. if they have enough new evidence can they award it? regards Charlotte. 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @charlotte441, in normal times renewal forms are sent out 6 months before the end date of your current claim, unless the award was made by tribunal in which case its 14 weeks, things might or might not be delayed, there is no need to call them they will send you the forms when they are ready and able to review your claim, meanwhile collecting evidence is a good thing to do, but make sure its relevant to you and not reams and reams of it as they won't have time to read too much.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again 

As stated above you dont need to contact them but I understand you will be concerned I would maybe call if you haven't had anything by December 

It's not about the evidence alone my review all I sent was list of meds and letter from consultant with my form.

My form had details for each relevant descriptor giving examples of how I can cant do the task any aids I used etc 

The key is to treat form as new claim but only send new evidence 

I just had a call to ask me some questions and was awarded enhanced for both.This isnt same for everyone my disability is very clear to see 

• charlotte441
    @woodbine no the award got accepted by a decision maker straight away. I’ve done loads of research and your correct 6 months before the claim ends. so should I in a ideal world expect the forms to come around September/ October time? your right I’m not going to call them as they will only said 6 months before wait ect. I will start collecting my evidence. my condition has still remained the same, but I have new evidence. would you suggest checked where I gained the points and highlight them again? Thanks. 
  • charlotte441
    Hi @janer1967

thank you for replying to me again I appreciate it. I’m not going to call them up. will wait till November/ December to receive the letter. I have got enhanced rate for daily living. and nothing for mobility. hopefully I will continue to get it. for medical reasons which I can’t get into I am not allowed F2F assessments full stop. ( reasons behind it ). So it all gets done by paper based. tbh even if I didn’t get it I will just go to tribunal as without sounding rude or arrogant I no I would win which my conditions. So it wouldn’t bother me one bit. hopefully they will just renew it though. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.