Medical report from GP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Medical report from GP

Options
nicola65
nicola65 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi, I have sent the Work Capabilty Questionare for ESA at the end of January and received a letter in March that that I am awarded ESA and i am in the Support Group without attending  a F2F. Then 2 days ago I received a letter from my GP asking for  my concent the GP to answer a request from JobCenterPlus to send them a medical report. The last f2f assesment i had was in June2018, and I was also in the Support group then. I am just wondering why the Jobcenter needs medical report now, after the letter received and decision given for me to continue to be in the Support Group, or may be there is something I am missing? I am not denying my concent, i just don't understand the procedure why now. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• thejollyroger
    thejollyroger Community member Posts: 10 Connected
    Options
    I think it might just be that you re affirming your concent to them giving out your infomation. Confirming you are still happy for them to do this.
  • nicola65
    nicola65 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Thank you, this hasn't come to my mind, will consider this, thank you!
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Its good you have been awarded without a f2f and it may be likely they awarded without the report from the doctor based on the review form and also previous evidence.

Doctors can be very slow to respond the requests so they may just have got to it.

DWP may have had enough to go on without the report.

Im not certain this is the case just offering a suggestion 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.