Visually impaid/blind — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Visually impaid/blind

maxtomkins10
maxtomkins10 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hello all, I'm new here and just wondered if there is anyone who is visually impaired or blind 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @maxtomkins10 Welcome to the community great to have you on board.

I am a community champion here and I am visually impaired, I am blind in one eye and have reduced vision in the other due to bleeds behind the eye and cataract. I have had laser surgery for bleeds, cryo surgery to reduce the bleeds in future.

How are you tioday is there anything we can help you with
  • maxtomkins10
    Thank you mate, is there anyway we can talk on a different social media as it's easier? 
  • janer1967
    Hi sorry it isnt allowed yo give any personal details on the forum as they are visible to everyone 

Once you have made 25 posts you are able to message a person direct 
  • maxtomkins10
    Ahh fair enough! I was born with nystagmus and a small tear in my retina and then last year I also had a bleed at the back of my eye. I had alot of laser and cryo but lost a lot of vision 
  • janer1967
    I know what you gave been through it's very scary losing vision I hope you are getting regular reviews 

I had laser cancelled due to lockdown and ended up in a&e after a big bleed but they were fantastic and got sorted as emergency case 

Take care 
  • maxtomkins10
    Yeah they took mine as an emergency too last year. It was tough though I was terminated from my job due to performance even though I was off for a few months with mental health issues so trying to find something asap now 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @maxtomkins10 and welcome to the community! I am registered as partially sighted and started to loose my sight just over three years ago. I'm now reliant on a long cane which has certainly been an adjustment!

Hope you are doing well and please feel free to join in! The main navigation bar at the top of the page will allow you to access areas of the forum. If you have any problems then please let us know. :)
    Scope

• maxtomkins10
    Thank you very much 
  • janer1967
    Good luck with the job search there is a section on here for support in finding employment 
  • maxtomkins10
    Yes I have seen it thank you.
  • Woodruffe
    Woodruffe Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Hi, My name is Tony.
    Is this the group for 

Visually impaid / blind?

I am blind in one eye and have poor vision in the other eye which is failing. I might go totally blind one day.
    Each year I need stronger and stronger prescription lenses.
    I just joined today.
    Can anyone tell me about this group please?

Thank you!

• janer1967
    Hi @Woodruffe

Yes this is the section for blind and visually impaired 

You cab post anywhere on the community 

Ir isnt a group as such just a section of the forum to post questions on the topic or look to see what other members have put 

You can join in anywhere but it is usually better to start your own as then it will be seen by more members 

Good luck enjoy the forum 

Brightness