Sdp premium and housing benifit — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sdp premium and housing benifit

Jiggy
Jiggy Community member Posts: 24 Connected
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I claim esa and pip I get standard rate and standard mobility 
I live in private accomadation my rent is 65£ a week to start with I was claiming just esa when I got my housing benifit .when I claimed pip I got a letter from housing benifit saying they were aware of my pip and they would continue to pay me housing benifit.last year I applied for server disability benifit and got a back payment of around 5.995
I called housing benifit at the time and a guy on the phone said I had been awarded sdp. Last week I got a letter from housing benifit saying my housing benifit had been reviewed and that they will continue to pay my rent and that it will be reviewed every april .but on the letter it say because you receive pip and esa there is no mention of sdp on the letter .I'm now getting worried that they don't know about it and I could be made to pay them .does sdp affect housing benifit 

Comments

• Jiggy
    Hi I claim esa and pip I get standard rate and standard mobility 
    I live in private accomadation my rent is 65£ a week to start with I was claiming just esa when I got my housing benifit .when I claimed pip I got a letter from housing benifit saying they were aware of my pip and they would continue to pay me housing benifit.last year I applied for server disability benifit and got a back payment of around 5.995
    I called housing benifit at the time and a guy on the phone said I had been awarded sdp. Last week I got a letter from housing benifit saying my housing benifit had been reviewed and that they will continue to pay my rent and that it will be reviewed every april .but on the letter it say because you receive pip and esa there is no mention of sdp on the letter .I'm now getting worried that they don't know about it and I could be made to pay them .does sdp affect housing benifit 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @Jiggy. SDP is typically ignored as income for housing benefit. However it should usually still show on your statement (as income received and then disregarded, the same way PIP is). 
    It might be worth giving them a call just to ensure they're aware.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Jiggy
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    hI @Jiggy Welcome to the community, Its great to have you on board. I hope your question has been answered and you manage to get it sorted out

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.