I am on universal credit and have been caring for someone but I have now cancelled the claim — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am on universal credit and have been caring for someone but I have now cancelled the claim

stevenhamer79
stevenhamer79 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited June 2020 in Universal Credit (UC)
I am on universal credit and have been caring for someone but I have now cancelled the claim and I get £409 standard rate but they are taking £291 from my universal credit for carers allowance saying I'm continuing to claim it where I have canceled it from the 31st of last month and it shows on my report a change and was wondering if they can take it from my universal credit as it's a different claim

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @stevenhamer79

Good Afternoon it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We have got some info on “Benefit’s” on the site.

I will forward your post onto a member who will be able to offer you some help/support with your questions.

Hi @Adam_Scope

Can you please offer me some help with this post???

Many Thanks.

@steve51
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @stevenhamer79 Welcome to the community, I am no benefits expert but I think if you get carers allowance you should also claim the carers element of UC this then cancels out the amount they take off you from UC.

However if you have cancelled your carers allowance it may take time for UC to pick up on this, I would give them a call and explain what has happened 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.