Work capability outcomes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Work capability outcomes

pamela1962
pamela1962 Community member Posts: 40 Connected
Hi Everyone, hope everyone is keeping safe and well .
I was suppose to be reassessed for universal credit work capability, but like everyone else had the assessment postponed . 
I am in the group of not being fit for work but so worried about being reassessed and having it taken away.
Firstly I don't know how I would cope. I have heard if you appeal it can take up to a year for tribunal .
So I wondered what pressure they put on you if you are waiting for appeal.?
And also if they n  you in a support group how much do you have to do? How regular are the work preparation groups and interviews. ? 
I just about get through the day now so very fearful 
Thank you 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @pamela1962 Welcome to the community great to have you on board.

If your WCA is unsuccessful and you are found fit for work if you complete the MR and again if not successful go to tribunal.

During the appeal wait time which can be over a year (mine was 14 months) and this was before lockdown. During this time your work coach will be responsible for agreeing your commitments, if you get a nice job coach like mine I just had monthly calls from her to discuss any issues or updates, I was not expected to look for work or anything and not put under any pressure . 

This is purely down to your work coach though as you will have been found fit for work and as such could be expected to look for work regardless of the fact you are appealing they class it that the decision has been made and until they have anything contrary to that.

If you are put into the LCW group I am not familiar with the type of work preparation you have to do or sessions you have tyo attend this again is at the discretion of your work coach  

Hope this helps
  • pamela1962
    Hi thank you. That is helpful. It sounds like it's down to the work coach 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @pamela1962. As @janer1967 mentioned, it's largely at the discretion of your work coach. If you are found fit for work or are put in the work related activities group, you'll meet with your work coach (or have a telephone call) to discuss commitments. Fingers crossed it won't be a problem though and your reassessment is successful. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • pamela1962
    Hi I hope so too. I just want to get the reassessment over and done with now. It's causing a lot of anxiety. Its like waiting to be mugged ! 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.