Help people — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Help people

Options
charlotte441
charlotte441 Community member Posts: 45 Connected
Can someone advise me what happens on a award review? 

I have been on PIP for nearly 5 years now. I am going to receive a letter around July / August. will it be a award review or renewal? still learning.! 

also what documents do I need to send again?
also is it possible to get a copy of my PIP2, when it was filled out? as I can’t remember what was in it ‘ 

help needed asasp. 

Comments

• Emily_Emz33
    Emily_Emz33 Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    Options
    It will most likely be a review so its basically just your chance to adress any changes to ur daily life..if any. They then compare your new form with your original and give u a new award. Thats what I understand it to be anyway. Hope thats helped a little. You can also go on the government website and get any information u need about pip.
    Emily 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,612 Disability Gamechanger
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Unfortunately I believe it will be like submitting a new claim. i.e. you will have to do everything that you had to do 5 years ago including filling out the forms detailing how you are affected, submitting evidence and maybe going for an assessment.

I don't think it is possible to get a copy of the last one you submitted but I may be wrong.
  • Emily_Emz33
    Emily_Emz33 Community member Posts: 16 Courageous
    edited June 2020
    Options
    unless you copied your original form before u sent it I don't believe u can request a copy of it. They want you to fill the form out all over again without any prompts from ur first form I assume. 
    Don't worry too much about it sweet. Its your chance to let them know any other difficulties u have day to day that may have developed over the laat 5 years. 
    Emily 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,629 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As I understand it you can request a copy of your original PIP2 the problem being as it's been 5 years they won't have it now, but it's worth asking. The renewal/review (same thing) is a shorter form but you can add extra pages if you need to just put your name and N.I number on them. You can send any relevant information you have, e.g consultants letters but don't send too many as they might not read them all. It could well be that you don't hear anything till later in the year due to the current situation (when does you award end?)
    For the future it's always a good idea to keep photocopies of these forms for future reference.
    If we can be of further help just ask @charlotte441
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• charlotte441
    Options
    @woodbine thank you for getting back to me I appreciate it. I am going to have a look at the link for the shorter version someone sent me for the review letter. Next time I’m going to have copies definitely!!! can I get someone to fill the form out for me? as I struggle with my hand writing? but can sign and date it. my claim runs out on the 10March 2021? when do you think I should receive a letter? once again thanks hun for getting back to me :)
  • yanni
    yanni Community member Posts: 91 Pioneering
    Options
    @charlotte441

You can make a subject access request and ask the DWP to send you a copy of your last PIP2 form, a copy of the assessor's report etc.
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-your-personal-information-from-the-department-for-work-and-pensions#if-you-need-a-copy-of-any-other-information-that-dwp-holds-about-you

The DWP should hold copies of records for 14 months after a benefit claim has ended according to this:
    (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dwp-information-management-policies/dwp-managing-customer-records-guide )

I would just say be precise in what you request. I asked for my DLA records and ended up with several trees worth of paper most of which I didn't need :)
  • charlotte441
    Options
    @yanni thanks for your reply. will they still have my PIP2 record? as some people are saying as it’s been over 3 years they might not have it. or would I be wasting my time asking? as I don’t want loads of random letters coming as I have too many already! I am going to request the HCR letter tomorrow, hopefully can get the PIP2 form as well. only time will tell I guess. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi It will be a review as you already have an award in place. You would normally get the review form 6 months prior to your award ending, but with backlogs currently it may not be at that time.

It is important you complete the review form as if it is a new application detailing against each descriptor how your condition affects you on a daily basis giving examples of what happens if you try and complete the task, any aids or support you need.

You should send any new medical evidence they have not already seen, like consultant letters, maybe a daily diary or any statements about how your daily living is affected along with copy of your prescription meds.

It is ok for somebody else to write the form out for you, maybe a cklose friend/relative. Some people ask for assistance from CAB but make sure they are fully aware of how you daily living is affected.

Hope this helps, 
  • charlotte441
    Options
    @janer1967 thank you for your advice that’s much appreciated hun. I’m going to get everything sorted today photo copies ect ect. least then closer to the time it’s all ready. with the review form is it much smaller? or is it like a new claim like the PIP2 form. can you add a link where I can see the descriptors please. someone sent me a link but I can’t find it. so if my claim was to run out mid March when should I expect it to arrive the letter? I appreciate they probably have a backlog atm. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi again 

@chiarieds
    If you award end mud March you should get review forms mid september 
  • charlotte441
    Options
    @chiarieds your response would be great ! hun 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    From what I've read, it's unlikely that reviews will be looked at until October, but as things keep changing, that's not set in stone.
    As others have said, you need to complete your review form with as much detail as your first claim (just add extra sheets at the end with your name & National Insurance number on them).
    As I've mentioned before, anyone can help you fill in the form. My son wrote all of my initial claim for me as I find writing painful.
    Send any relevant evidence, but not too much. I'm unsure that your review form would be compared with your first claim, so just describe the problems you have, & why, & if there's any consequence to doing/attempting any of the activities/descriptors when you get your review form.
    Hope this helps. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.