Was I entitled to SDP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Was I entitled to SDP?

Options
tanay
tanay Community member Posts: 6 Connected
Hello everyone. 
I need some clarification if you can please. I have queried with Esa if I was entitled to SDP however I was living with my son who was 15 at the time  I would like to know if I would be owed a payment  from 2013 to 2018 when he was still under 18 & in full time education? My ESA is income based? 

Thankyou

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tanay and welcome to the scope community, during this period did you get Middle or higher rate DLA care, or the care component of PIP, if the answer is yes then you would be entitled to SDP, however regarding getting it paid in arrears when no current claim is due, my advice would be to get some face to face advice if possible from CAB or welfare rights. Out of interest what have the DWP said?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    A warm welcome to the community @tanay.
    I hope Woodbine's information has been useful. If you have any other questions or need further clarification please let us know. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @tanzy

Good Morning it’s great to meet you today ?

I’m one off a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope?

@Adrian_Scope

Can you please help me with this post???

Many Thanks.

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    @tanay, just a thought, during that time did anyone claim carer's allowance or the carer element of Universal Credit for caring for you?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • tanay
    tanay Community member Posts: 6 Connected
    Options
    Hi. Thank yiou for your warm welcome.
    No no one claimed. I was living with my son who was 15 at the time & in full time education until 18. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Options
    Then yes, it sounds as though you should have been entitled to SDP @tanay. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.