We won't be forgotten: calling MP's to support disabled people — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

We won't be forgotten: calling MP's to support disabled people

Chloe_Scope
Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger

We won't be forgotten

28% of disabled people feel forgotten by the Government.

Nearly two thirds of disabled people are concerned they won’t get the hospital treatment they need if they become ill with coronavirus.

ask your MP to support disabled people during this pandemic, we won't be forgotten.

Scope has produced The Disability Report. We've put a spotlight on the crises disabled people face during the pandemic, and what changes need to be made.

We understand this is a worrying time, but you can do something to help. Call on your MP to guarantee support for disabled people during the pandemic.

Fill in this form to share The Disability Report with your MP.

Together, we #WontBeForgotten.
Scope

Comments

• m_burrell82
    m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
    I've always felt forgotten by this country, let alone now. I'm 62 and on medication. You would have thought someone would have helped me to find someone, to stop me feeling so lonely. The Lock Down clearly hasn't helped my mental health. When the MPs and the Journalists should be working to get things back to normal for those like me, our not fit for purpose Journalists want to fill up Press Conference after Press Conference talking about the same man. Just not good enough!!!!
  • Ronni
    Ronni Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    edited June 2020
    28% Seems low 
    Does that include deaf people, blind other disable

those mental health issues the elderly, carers, family carers youth carers
    Cancer suffers theres a long list of people put aside.
    It's mostly charities like Scope working on our behalf. But most are running out funds.

• Chloe_Scope
    Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts on this.

It's such an important topic. The stats shown are from a recent survey that shows disabled people that have felt forgotten by the government during the COVID19 pandemic.

Hope you are all safe and well!
    Scope

• adamskis
    adamskis Community member Posts: 67 Pioneering
    I won’t be sharing anything with my MP.
    he made fun of me, called me names, and was generally vile.
    then (as he usually does) he deleted his bile.

luckily, I kept screenshots, and once all this has settled down, will be pursuing it with the Parliamentary complaints people...and the press.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Really sorry to hear that @adamskis! That's awful! 
    Scope

• adamskis
    Really sorry to hear that @adamskis! That's awful! 
    Thank you, I hope to make sure that Lee Anderson answers for it, but it’s pointless until the situation normalises a little!
  • m_burrell82
    m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
    It had to be a Tory, didn't it?
  • adamskis
    edited June 2020
    It had to be a Tory, didn't it?
    Yup, [edited by moderator] ...even worse because I knew him as a Labour party councillor.
    apparently switching sides to get elected, then forgetting everything you ever stood for is fine!

he is an ex miner!!

Brightness