My PIP ends in November 2020, what do I do now? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My PIP ends in November 2020, what do I do now?

Pandy74
Pandy74 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi

my pip is due to end November 2020, what do i do ? 

Comments

• Pandy74
    Pandy74 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    My letter dated 31 july states that will contact me after 27 november 2019. To see if my needs have changed. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Pandy74 - & welcome to the community. You will be contacted by the DWP, who will send out a PIP review form. These used to be sent out about a year before your claim was due to end, but this changed to 6 months before. Due to Covid-19, things have changed again, & it seems unlikely that you'll hear until October. You don't need do anything. Your award will stay in place, & your payments continue. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Pandy74 Welcome to the community, as above PIP review forms are normally sent out 6 months prior to award ending, but they are on hold at present.

If your award is due to end and no re-assessment has taken place then your award will be extended by 6 months due to the covid situation.

I would use the time to get together any evidence for your review 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Pandy74! Please do let us know if there is anything else we can do to help. :)
    Scope

• Amethyst32
    Amethyst32 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    mine was due to run out and after ringing PIP dept they said it was extended til next March due to the virus and no one being around to do anything. Hope this helps I also got a letter and text message to confirm.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's good news @Amethyst32, it's helpful to hear other people's experiences and interesting you got a letter and a text. Did you receive the text before the letter?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.