Fibromyalgia pain — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fibromyalgia pain

Options
Saidiakiran
Saidiakiran Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have chronic  fibromyalgia  pain and struggle  to manage  it. Any help?

Comments

• Saidiakiran
    Saidiakiran Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I have chronic  fibromyalgia  pain and struggle  to manage  it. Any help?
  • nh74
    nh74 Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    Hi @Saidiakiran. I too have fibromyalgia so can appreciate the chronic pain you experience. I am waiting for pain clinic but in the meantime take x1 30/500 cocodamol 3 times a day. I'm finding this is helping to function like a normal person. I'm still learning what I'm capable of doing without bringing on a flare. It's a learning curve for sure. All the best with figuring out what works for you.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Saidiakiran Welcome to the community it is great to have you on board, we have lots of members on here who suffer with fibro and severe pain. I am sure they will respond to your post/

I lookm forward to seeing you around

Have you discussed with your GP your pain levels maybe you could be referred to a pain clinic
  • Firefly123
    Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
    Options
    Hot baths help me a bit as well as pain killers. I hope you get your pain sorted soon x
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Saidiakiran, great to have you with us. :)

Have you seen a pain clinic?

We have quite a few members with fibromyalgia so I hope they will be able to offer some guidance.

I have found that Live Well With Pain is a great resource. 
    Scope

• maxsteel
    maxsteel Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Options
    Is it affecting you mentally have you got familly support. It was getting to me mentally so GP put me on a 12 week mental health course which helped.Now on 80m of longrec or oxi cotin were I come from but top it up with paracetamol  which helps a lot.I know unremitting pain destroys you so half the battle is mentally one.Its hard I know but you have to find some thing to do because the brain can only think of one thing at a time and while your doing some thing you forget it.
  • vicky50
    vicky50 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Hi 
    I have fibromyalgia for over 16 years, I'm still trying to understand what my trigger are.
    With restless legs syndrome taking over day and night, I'm always exhausted.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Over the last 5 years 3 of my sister's have been diagnosed with it too.
    My daughter who is 20, has suffered for over 6 years with similar symtoms but doctors have said they won't diagnosis her.
    He obvious it runs in families why won't they help her.
  • CJ61
    CJ61 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    Options
    @vicky50

16yrs!!! Oh my goodness. Poor you. I had no idea it could last that long. I started to get symptoms about 18mths ago. Put it down to becoming inactive due to depression and not leaving house or doing anything. It got worse so saw a consultant and was diagnosed in January this yr. Since then I have got quite a bit worse and seem to be going downhill at a frightening rate. Standing upright is at times tricky as is getting up and down stairs. Cant sit still too long as seize up but cant walk or stand for long either!! No win situation. My doctor is now referring me for a brain scan which I find incredibly alarming. I wasn't aware there was a pain clinic so I might ask about that. 

Brightness