Pip query — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip query

gogglebox
gogglebox Community member Posts: 6 Listener
I was awarded pip in September 2018 which was due to end in september 2020. Was expecting renewal form in march but recieved nothing. I recieved text message on 19 may 2020 stating

About your PIP. Because of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, we will be extending your award. If we have recently sent you a review form, you do not need to return it. We will continue to pay your PIP as normal. You do not need to contact us about your PIP unless you need to tell us about any changes. We will send you a letter with more information shortly once your award has been extended.

Does anyone have any idea how long awards are being extended? And when is the likelyness i will hear from them again for a review? Or assessment. Been feeling so anxious about all this for months now and its really stressing me out. Any feedback would be great. I hope you are all well. Thanks

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gogglebox - Currently your award will be extended for 6 months, which the letter the DWP have said they will send should confirm. I have read that the earliest reviews would be looked at would be October, but things do keep changing due to Covid-19. Again, hopefully, your letter will explain more. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gogglebox I hope the info you have been given puts your mind at rest, you don't need to do anything till you are contacted again 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.