Is there anything I can do without seeing my GP? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is there anything I can do without seeing my GP?

Options
martinwitt
martinwitt Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2020 in Work and employment
A Parson from my Local Job Centre had put me on a 6 Week Course over at Graft Thames Valley. Of which my Work Coach had expected me to go on to back in 01-11-19. Back about 4 Months ago my Work Coach said to me about doing some Volunteering for using a company called Smart Works. But the Company is to close to my GP Surgery. Because the Job Centre was the one that had put me on the course over at Graft Thames Valley. But However the person in charge of the course that I had done said to me Martin you would have to get your GP to say that I am fit to do the next round of Courses and to do some Volunteering.
Is there any thing that I can do with out seeing my GP?

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @martinwitt

Welcome to our online community/family.

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Have you contacted the job centre as they were they started the ball rolling.

It would also be a good idea to go back to see your GP. to get a “Fit Note” to prove your ok to return.

Please please let me know if you have any more questions.

@steve51

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @martinwitt Welcome to the community as Steve has advised you should speak to your work coach and it may mean you need to see your GP as advised. If you are having problems with your GP you could request another one or move surgery

Brightness