How is everyone doing x — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How is everyone doing x

Firefly123
Firefly123 Community member Posts: 530 Pioneering
Hi 13 weeks now for me in isolation it feels a bit like ground hog day. Hope you are all doing well x

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,522 Disability Gamechanger
    Not too bad thanks @Firefly123 the unusual now seems like the normal, how are you today? Hopefully the weather will improve at weekend and we can all get back into the garden.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• M_Anthony
    M_Anthony Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 309 Pioneering
    Hi @Firefly123 It does feel like ground hog day! But we have made it this far and are starting to see the lockdown being lifted which is great.

How are you doing?
  • Firefly123
    Hi @woodbine I'm ok just fed up today. Yes the temperature has dropped a bit so my pain levels higher. Some sun would be nice x
  • Firefly123
    M_Anthony said:
    Hi @Firefly123 It does feel like ground hog day! But we have made it this far and are starting to see the lockdown being lifted which is great.

How are you doing?
    I'm ok just a bit fed up today. Yes I see things are getting back to a new normal. My doctor says I should stay at home as its the safest place. Hope your well x
  • M_Anthony
    Thanks, I am doing okay! Please have a look at these links, I found them useful during the lockdown period.

This is a good site with information to help with your wellbeing:
    https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/coronavirus/coronavirus-and-your-wellbeing/#collapse66354

This site some pretty good tips on various activities and interests to do at home:
    https://www.londontheatre1.com/theatre-news/coronavirus-20-things-to-do-at-home-during-lockdown/
  • Firefly123
    Thank you will take a look at them x
  • maxsteel
    maxsteel Community member Posts: 17 Listener
    Hello mate I know your new but can you give advice on how you start posting,69 and not it savvy
  • M_Anthony
    Hello @Maxsteel have a look at this.

1. The first way is when you login. Click on new discussion.

2. Say you wanted to post in the coffee lounge, select it from the category list you see.

3. Enter a Discussion title, followed by what you want to say in the box below, and click Post discussion.

The second way is when you are browsing the forum. The New discussion option will now appear on right side of the screen (like below), simply click it and it is the same steps as above.

I hope this helps, if you have any questions let me know.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Firefly123 All is well with me home schooling has been my biggest challenge in lockdown and this wont be changing anytime soon its hard to motivate a 13 year old to learn in a virtual way . 

But on a selfish note it is nice having him at home to help and keep me company.

Now we have a bit more freedom at least I can see my boyfriend with the new 'bubble' rules

Take care and keep safe
  • Firefly123
    My daughter can not work online but I've been more doing practical things like measure out the ingredients. I'm still shielding so noth changed for us and all at home, 24/7. It looks like it will be a long while yet. They are actually a lot less stressed and I think it's going to be hard for them to get back into that routine. Glad you are well x
  • AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Hello.
    I got a letter from my doctor last week telling me I can go out as long as I wear a face covering and keep 2 meters from people... yay!
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    Have you put much thought into the first place you want to visit @AlisonNetty?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    Going for a coffee....then have a look around Primark's. 
  • Firefly123
    Lines here for clothes shops is crazy and not like you couldn't get them online x
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,836 Scope online community team
    The pictures I'm seeing of these queues are unbelievable. I've never wanted to buy clothes that badly! :lol:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Firefly123
    @Adrian_Scope me either says some people were there from 3am waiting uter madness x
  • Ronni
    Ronni Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    My life still on hold. Still cant go out except into shared garden.
    Would love to go away somewhere, for a different . Especially as I have a railway line right next door. Theres not been many trains. But feel it gonna be more now.
  • Firefly123
    @Ronni it's the same for me over 3 months now. It is pretty. Hard some days but just got to sit it out until safe x
  • Ronni
    Ronni Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    @Firefly123
    It been a whole year and the previous 5 years were medical appointments. Was making plans back in in September.  Had appointments, meetings set up for the new year. Now put back waiting lists and assessment list. Things still on hold for a lot longer.

Just found out, local link and ring a ride manchester are back on. But not taking wheelchairs. I cant use a taxi.

But trying to think positive.
    I'm try somthings online not got very far.
    Sorted online prescription del. About it.
    Figure out Ability.net to get communications tech sorted  and apply assistance dog on another. Found some great free courses at the open university online.
    Just having to wait for some one to help apply.
    Set up computer. 
    I be happy with that. 
    I wait for adaptions a wheel chair all assessments.

So yea trying be positive.??
  • Firefly123
    Yes last year was the same for me hospital appointments and physio ect all put on hold until whenever. 
    That's what we have to do find ways to pass the days. 
    I've been reading trying to do some of the physio. Taking each day as it comes x

Brightness