Advice please — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice please

tara2019
tara2019 Community member Posts: 234 Pioneering
hi can anyone help at end of june my ssp will stop and will be dismissed from work on health grounds I get top up universal credit I also have pip tribunal on Monday is there anything else I can claim to compensate the loss of ssp 
Thanks 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @tara2019. Have you been handing in fit notes to Universal Credit and have you had work capability assessment yet?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • tara2019
    Hi Adrian yes I've been handing sick notes since Feb 14th I've filled uc50 form and sent 16th March still waiting for assessment but with experience with dwp probably get knocked back n have to go tribunal even though given loads of evidence 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @tara2019 As far as I am aware UC will increase once your SSP ends as you will have no earnings. Each assessment period your earnings are taken into account and deductions made from your UC payment to take into account earnings.

If you look on your journal at the home page go to payments and click on a payment and it will give you full breakdown of payments which should allow you to work out what your payment would be without earnings/

Hope this helps  
  • tara2019
    Thanks it does help at the moment I get 420 ssp 144 uc so iam on 564 a month when my ssp stops that would mean I'd 409 uc is there anything I can claim to make up the loss of 155 a month thanks 
  • janer1967
    Hi 

I'm not too sure sorry I'm not benefits expert do you claim any housing element 

Apart from PIP and LCWRA which you have already applied for I'm not sure there is

Try complete benefits calculator that may give you some answers 
  • tara2019
    No ive paid my mortgage off luckily I hoping tribunal on Monday goes my way ? 
  • janer1967
    Good luck keep us updated on the outcome 
  • tara2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @tara2019, unfortunately there isn't anything else. Hopefully you'll have your work capability assessment soon. If they decide to award LCWRA it'll add £341 a month to your UC. 
    Best of luck for your PIP tribunal on Monday! Please let us know how it goes. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • tara2019
    Thanks regarding pip tribunal my head hurts ive not slept with so much worry im going through all my paperwork and evidence im so upset with it all its not doing my depression and anxiety any good hopefully after mon things will settle down 
  • Adrian_Scope
    It's definitely a stressful process. I'm sorry it's affecting your sleep @tara2019. Please remember we're here for you. Lots of our members have experienced tribunals so you're not alone. The good news is that the majority of tribunals are successful too. I hope you manage to get some sleep soon. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • tara2019
    So do I thanks for your help and advice roll on mon 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.