Tribunal decision — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tribunal decision

LucieC
LucieC Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I was wondering if anyone can answer a question I have. I recently had a tribunal, my second one as we all know capita like to lie and ruin lives! ? I won my tribunal and was awarded both elements at the enhanced rate. I received the tribunals decision letter and on it it said that the decision was final (code A) does anyone know what this means? I’ve searched all over the internet and called pip who have no idea! My tribunal was done via telephone with three panel members however they called my representative and said my medical records alone were proof of all my illnesses and that they didn’t need to speak to me which was a huge victory for me but I don’t trust pip, dwp or any of the people involved and I’m concerned that they will try and overturn the tribunals decision although I’m assured this is highly unlikely due to it being the second one I’ve won nothing surprises me and my anxiety is through the roof!! Does anyone have any ideas as to what this mean? The tribunal were clearly not impressed with them as they even put in my decision letter that pip were lawfully required to inform me as to why it was taken away from me in the first place and earlier than was already ordered by the previous judge. I’m hoping reading this pip will realise they have lost and that justice will and does always prevail but again nothing surprises me with these people!! 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LucieC Congratulations on your win I have no idea what the A means. Of course the DWP can appeal the decision as could you but it is unlikely that they will.

Just try and relax and wait for the payments to come into play the hard work is over 
  • MsCuriosity
    MsCuriosity Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    Smile. The Tribunal decision is final. No one can change it. The assessors always seem to take away PIP.  They are not medical professionals and don't know what to look for. They don't even have understanding of the struggles of people with disabilities. Enjoy your PIP and don't worry. They will more than likely do it again when it's due for renewal. It seems to be the protocol lol.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi i@LucieC, how are you doing? :)
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.