What happens next? When do I get my PIP and back pay? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What happens next? When do I get my PIP and back pay?

Options
Dee70
Dee70 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello if anyone can help .I won my pip appeal via phone at court on the 29th of may 2020 after a long fight .I was awarded the Daily living at enhanced rate to be back dated from 20/9/18. The court was amazing as so we're all concerned.i have my decision letter came within 2 days .but what happens next ! When do I get pip payment or back pay ? I actually fought this cause for the principle of what was wrote about me in my original assessment ,and so glad I did for me it was never about money .bit in any case I have been awarded this and would be grateful for any input .many thanks 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dee70 and welcome to the community! Congratulations on the successful outcome! Payment after a tribunal decision can take up to 8 weeks. Let us know if you have any further questions :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Dee70 and a massive congratulations on your successful appeal!

It can take up to 8 weeks for the decision to be put into payment, but the backdated pay should be with you before that.

The DWP should also get in touch to double-check your bank account and ask some standard questions such as whether you've been in hospital or prison to make sure there's no gaps in entitlement.

Fingers crossed you receive it soon! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Dee70
    Options
    Thank you very much for your warm welcome and thank you also for your response.i now feel like I have some indication.
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,292 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Dee70. I also just wanted to welcome you and say im so glad for you after such a long fight, it is such a stressful process but youv did it well done ?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Dee70 Welcome to the community great to have you on board, Congratulations on your tribunal win now time to relax and think about what you can treat yourself too with the back pay.

I would suggest you do a quick calculation of what your back pay should be as they did miscalculate mine and I would have lost out on a couple thousand had I not queried the amount  
  • Dee70
    Options
    Well that's the big question? If I'm being back dated to the date they say and at the enhanced rate then it is thousands! I'm being told I have to wait 28 days I have called them with no luck to be honest.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.