PIp appeal worry again !! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIp appeal worry again !!

BexM1981
BexM1981 Community member Posts: 20 Courageous
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am freaking out ? I win my tribunal on 15 of May 
Today I have received a letter from DWP saying they have Applied for a correction for the decision  they say they cannot award me the benefit awarded by the first tier tribunal until they receive the corrected a decision to the descriptors of the activities award is required I’m very worried now what does this mean is is common needless to say a panic attack is imminent ??

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @BexM1981 Welcome to the community. I am no expert and have not heard of this before but I am assuming there has been an error in the paperwork sent to DPW from the court and as such they are unable to pay out until this is rectified.

If you are all unsure then give DWP a call and ask them to explain to you what is happening
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,612 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi@BexM1981 Hi this happened to me when I won my appeal in 2018 they had awarded my daily living back to February 2017 but had put 2018 on the paperwork it then had to be returned to the tribunal to be changed after that was changed I was paid my arrears and monthly payments followed, so hopefully shouldn’t be to long. 
  • BexM1981
    Bit of an update .
    got a letter from hmcts this morning with the corrections on it looks like the tribunal hadn’t put the points I was awarded , hopefully all smooth sailing from here ??
  • sheZZa
    sheZZa Community member Posts: 259 Pioneering
    @BexM1981
    Phew! What a relief. I’m so pleased for you.
  • CJ61
    CJ61 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    @BexM1981

So glad its sorted. Its almost like they enjoy giving us something more to worry about. Happy for you that its sorted now.
  • Lou67
    Hi Bex. Oh so glad it got sorted you can breath a sigh of relief?
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    goodnight @Lou67 and everyone, stay safe, be kind  :) post tomorrow, had a nice afternoon, i had a doze for an hour earlier but taken my meds and recorded tv programmes for tomorrow. hubby said that if he could send you all, by drone! a sunday dinner he would  :)
  • Lou67
    @katho31 so glad you had a lovely day, so nice of your husband to have a nice thought like that , goodnight ?
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    hi lou, meds have kicked in here! ive just posted a reply to a new member, he wants a little advice from us, i explained and said someone wiil reply tomorrow to him and wished him well x goodnite, god bless and sleep well  :)
  • BexM1981
    Well this will prob be my final update as my back pay was payed into my bank today and received the letter I. Post this morn confirming my appeal win ? it’s finally over after years of stress thanks to this group for all the support and advice ?? 
  • sheZZa
    @BexM1981
    I’m so very pleased for you. It’s such a relief it’s all over for you. Fingers crossed that I have the same success next week xx
  • Lou67
    @BexM1981. Oh that’s great news Bex finally big worry of your mind take care ?
  • Lou67
    @sheZZa. Good luck for next week let’s no how you get on fingers crossed for you ?
  • sheZZa
  • lulu1949
    lulu1949 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
    Hi, I’m back, sorry not been on for a while, went to Tenerife to celebrate the end of a lot of hospital appointments, hubby had 3 heart attacks, stent fitted and kidney taken out because of cancer and I had an ablation to correct my heart. Last day of holiday I fell and broke my hip, so have now got a Tenerife hip. Came back, now on lock down Cos Hubby is vulnerable. THEN THE LETTER ARRIVED the tribunal hearing for my son who I am Appointee is on Thursday over the phone! I am worried silly, don’t know what to expect. I got advice on here before when my son got his pip application and reconsideration turned down and found you all so helpful, he can hardly walk because of an ankle replacement 3 years ago after years and years of operations .he has just has an injection in the back of his knee but it hasn’t worked , he has had so many pain killers tablets don’t seem to work now.
  • sheZZa
    @lulu1949
    i know what exactly how you feel as mine is next Friday. I only received my court papers yesterday so it’s a bit rushed. I think everyone feels this way. The person(s) who put this system in place and those who allow it to happen need stringing up! Good luck for next week x
  • BexM1981
    I had a lot of worry too every day I went over and over the paperwork witch I received in Dec 2019! ( appeal date was 15th May) I wrote list on lists paragraphs on paragraphs about the points I wanted to raise ( the main point I had was the assessor stated I could walk without aid from my bed to living room witch is 60 METERS!!!! I mean who has a 60m distance from one room to another !! Maybe Beyoncé or someone!!) The day of my phone call I’d had no sleep and was extremely worried #anxiety !! They rang me 15 before my allotted time and the judge introduced the 2 other people on the call then he just said well Mrs Morton I can tell you today that after going over you paperwork we have decided to over rule the decision the DWP have made about about the mobility element of you PIP and have decided you will be entitled to the enhanced rate of the mobility element and this will be in place for 3 years , any questions ? By this time I was simply agog they had clearly made the decision before they even picked up the phone ! ( I hear this happens a lot ! ) he then said goodbye I replyed and he hung up the phone all in all I was on the phone for 8 mins
    I hope this helps to put you at ease guys and good luck xxx 
  • sheZZa
    @BexM1981
    what a great outcome and what a relief for you. I’ve managed to get three new medical reports to them and a list of my disagreements by Wednesday and had a text from them yesterday to say that it had been received and would be submitted. I thought they were good reports so fingers crossed. My ha told so many lies in her report it I thought they’d sent me the wrong one. When speaking to a friend her report was nearly word for word the same. We worked it out that we had the same assessor!
  • lulu1949
    Hi Shezza and Bex, thanks so much for replying, great Shezza so pleased for you. I have all the paperwork ready, omg there is so much of it. I too will make notes, just so worried about the questions because I really did dissect every part of my son’s assessment report as it was full of lies. My Amy son really struggles walking it breaks my heart. His dad drives him round to do his work, he is a self employed assessor for central heating boilers but my husband is ill and won’t be able to do it for much longer whereas if my son got a mobility car he could have paddles on the steering wheel and drive himself. What I can’t understand is he has been granted a blue badge after receiving the same medical reports as the DWP. He always uses either one or two crutches to walk.
    good luck to you too Bex, yes my son’s report was also full of lies. Said his gate was ok whilst walking but walked in front of him into the room. Said he was well dressed well presented and friendly, why should this go against him?.
    4 days to go now and don’t think I will sleep. At 71 I don’t really need the stress but need to help my son. Xx
  • lulu1949
    SO SORRY, I got the names the wrong way round, should have said well done and congratulations to Bex and good luck to Shezza you are the day after us, please god we are successful, don’t think I could go through it all again.xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.