Six months extension..will recovery of PIP happen? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Six months extension..will recovery of PIP happen?

male45
male45 Community member Posts: 336 Pioneering
I rang on Friday asking if I could have results or an update to what is happening to my PIP assessment  i had in February  this year. I was told they (PIP) had not received  the assessment  yet from Capita 
So I asked what happens to my PIP benefit when it is up on July 19th I was told PIP will be extended for six months. 
Now I'm wondering and I wish I had have asked the guy what happens in six months time.
Will recovery of PIP be made if I get results telling me I've been refused PIP or my benefit has been decreased?
Does anyone know? 
Many Thanks
Best Wishes 

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    If they have officially extended your award by 6 months then no recovery will happen.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• male45
    @Username_removed @woodbine
    Hi folks I hope you are both well and safe.
    I thank you both for your replies. I'm relieved now to know no recovery will happen, even if they ask.
    I was just sitting twiddling my thumb when that thought came into my head and I just had to ask.
    I really appreciate  you being there.
    Best wishes

Best Wishes 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi hopefully you can be assured now there will be no recovery and can get it off your mind
  • male45
    @janer1967
    Oh yes I'm much calmer now thank you and enjoying some well earned sunshine at last ..hope you are safe and sound and enjoying same.
    Thank you
    Best wishes
    Best Wishes 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.