Backdated pip — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Backdated pip

Options
sandwich
sandwich Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi I have just received my mandatory reconsideration a positive outcome I moved from DLA to pip I was only getting mobility when I applied in sept got a descion in march statiing they can't give me daily living from sept 9 had my mr in June giving me standard daily living will this daily living be backdated Tia for any information

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @sandwich. Congratulations on the successful mandatory reconsideration! It should be backdated to the date of the original decision. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 7,187 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @sandwich. Hi so glad for you that the decision was overturned at MR Iv heard it doesn’t happen often, it’s gave me a bit of hope as I’m currently waiting to hear the outcome of my MR take care ?
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @sandwich - Congratulations from me too. Only about 15-16% of MRs are successful, but it does happen. My award was also increased with a MR. Fingers crossed for you too @Lou67 :)
  • Lou67
    Options
    Hi@chiarieds. Oh thank you, I know it’s not a high percentage that wins at MR but it’s nice to hear from the ones that do ?
  • sandwich
    sandwich Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Options
    Thanks everyone I was pleasantly surprised I didn't expect it but just shows perseverance can be successful good luck Lou with your MR 
  • Lou67
    Options
    @sandwich. Thanks I will let yous know the outcome good or bad ?
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
    hi everyone and good morning, @Lou67, how is your move going? been saying a prayer that it runs smoothly today :)
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options
    Also, just, at 10.16am, received a txt from dwp, it says tey have received my written report {had PIP tel consultation last fri 12th june} and they will write to me once they have made their decision on PIP. as a guide i should hear from them within 6 weeks, everythings crossed here i do hope i receive something 
  • Lou67
    Options
    @katho31. Aww thanks it went fine the guys did a great job, my son n daughter are just away they were down helping me get organised it’s a good wee flat Iv got a good feeling about it ?. Oh so good you got your txt hopefully you won’t wait to long and have a great award xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.