Getting your assessment report PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting your assessment report PIP

positivitygoing1
positivitygoing1 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
Hi All , 

I had my telephone assessment on the 29th may and then had a text on the 4th June saying the DWP had it , after seeing everyone,s advice on here I rang the same day to have the report sent to me ,

She said she had , so as it's been over 10 days I just rang them up and again a 40 minute wait to hear that the lady said the last woman I spoke to said she requested it but didn't send it , and then said "as I'm the case manager I can authorize that and send it , you will receive it within 7-10 days ,

I have read others having similar problems with this , so if any of you are ringing up for your report make sure you speak to a "case manager" as they are the ones who authorize them to be sent ,

Thought if I can help anyone else going through this wait for another extended amount of time , thought I'd share what I've heard , 

Hope everyone is as well as they can be 

Comments

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    thank you @positivitygoing1, great feedback for us  :) hoping you are well and keep safe, be kind  :)
  • positivitygoing1
    Maybe when people ask for them there told "okay that's gone through" but maybe they make us think it's being sent but all along it's just been requested to be sent , and I just happened to have a CM answer the phone , 
    Maybe people working at the DWP and not the call center can authorise sending them out I thought it might be , but those were her exact words , 

So I'd rather share that because I've been waiting for postman for ages and it hadn't been sent , 

I wouldn't want others to go through more anxious waiting than nessessary 
    Sorry if I'm coming across like I know
    I'm just saying what i was told 
  • Kittyc
    Kittyc Community member Posts: 49 Courageous
    I requested mine and it came 10 working days, what I didn't realise is my back pay had already gone into my bank account.  I waited over 12 weeks for assessment but the text saying the report had been submitted only took a day and then the money was in 9 days later.    When I read the report it was word to word what I had described on the phone and the assessor was actually really good.  Good luck 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @positivitygoing1 Thank you for sharing that with us I also have had calls answered by the decision maker and it sure speeds up the process I would imagine they answer when the call centre staff are backed up. I would say this isn't a waste of their time as they often make decisions which they would only be making at a later time.

I hope you get your report soon as advised and it was worth chasing up when it hadn't arrived when you expected
  • positivitygoing1
    It was my PIP renewal as mine runs out in August , 
    I'm obviously a lot worse than I was when I first applied , if you do get it again do they normally just give you what you had before ? 
    Just wandering is anyone had anything similar 
    Thanks 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi on renewal it is entirely new decision you could get more could get less or get nothing at all 
    My review I got enhanced for both which was increase from b4 but I had new conditions which made daily living a lot harder than b4 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    When I asked for my PIP assessment copy they assured me they would send it, two weeks later nothing, phoned again to be told it hadn't been actioned and they would do it, received it 3 days later.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.