Can I get ESA as well? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I get ESA as well?

Options
awen
awen Community member Posts: 2 Connected
I recently got standard pip on both tape just wanted to know can I get ESA as well? If yes how to claim for ESA? Please help. Thanks

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @awen

Good Morning & Welcome to our online community.

I currently get both myself & I have done so for sometime.

Here’s some info on benefits below.

https://www.scope.org.uk/advice-and-support/

Please please let me know if you have any problems????

@steve51
  • Denise11
    Denise11 Community member Posts: 99 Pioneering
    Options
    Yes, you can claim ESA!  People get PIP to allow them to be as able as they can and [at present] that benefit is given no matter what.  It is there to help you pay for things to make things easier but it isn't meant to keep you whereas ESA is!  Nice to meet you!  Denise11 
  • awen
    awen Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Options
    Thanks for your help. If I claim for ESA do you think need I go to midical assessment again?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi ESA is separate benefit and will require separate assessment as it is looking at different criteria.

You may want to look up what ESA eligibility criteria is and if you feel you are entitled before you apply so you are fully aware of the process.

You may also want to look on here for advice in the ESA  benefit section

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.