Pip HELP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip HELP

Nh1991
Nh1991 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
Ok long one so bear with .. 
put claim in 13/11/2018 was awarded 0 point i did refuse to go to medicals as i beleive that’s the way they kick u off a much needed benefit! Anyway i done a mandatory reconsideration and i won was told need medical and then decision thats fine had telephone assessment 4th june text 10th june to say have received report phoned them today no decision! I have asked for a copy of my report i have a long-standing mental health conditions eupd anxiety depression bipolar i also sent in another letter from my consultant psychiatrist they have received so first question If im awarded will this be backdated to 13/11/18 ?? I wasnt even aware it was that long it was the assessor who told me on phone i said what do u think she said its looking good but i don’t believe them ! Anyone else had a medical same time As me and had a decision yet ? Thanks if u read this far?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome can you please clear up a few points as you said you put in  MR and won , did you get an award as result of this or was you waiting for medical assessment.

If you already have an award in place any change to this will just change the award from when the new decision is made.

If you are still waiting a decision from the initial application any award should be back dated to start of claim, but in your case refusing a medical assessment could have closed your claim. Did you request a paper based assessment in your application ?

It isn't easy to advise without all the infomation 
  • Nh1991
    I used to get pip until 2016 was kicked off Then put claim in 13th November 2018 Refused medicals and for that reason was awarded no points i done a madatory reconsideration so i got a letter from my doctor stating my difficulties and anxiety about going out thats the reason why i didnt attend they accepted my reason and the outcome of mr was to have medical assessment Had that 4th june they recieved report 10th now its just a decision thanks
  • janer1967
    Hi again 

I'm no expert but would think it should back date to when you applied . I would seek advice from CAB or welfare rights with it being more complex case 
  • Nh1991
    Thanks the assesor did say it should be looked at from 13/11/2018 and im owed between 2-12 grand if so just want my decision now my anxiety is threw the roof the lady from medical was nice so fingers crossed hoping someone had medical same time and can tell me if they have had decision yet lol
  • janer1967
    Fingers crossed for you 
    There are lots had assessments recently but decision times have all been very different some within 10 days others waiting over 22 weeks it really is just a waiting game I'm afraid 
  • Nh1991
    Thanks hopefully not its been some wait already its so frustrating they can just say no !! 
  • cat_hug
    cat_hug Community member Posts: 161 Pioneering
    Hi, totally understand the frustration of waiting. I had my first pip medical August 2018 but they lost all the notes so I had to have a 2nd assessment. Over the next 6 months, they made 9 different appointments for me to be assessed, but kept postponing them and resheduling.

Finally, they made an appojntment to assess me at home in Feb 2019.
    My assessment was Feb 25 2019 and I was informed my DLA which id been getting for over 20 years, for life, would end on March 3 2019.

They awarded Pip mobility from April 2019 but no Daily living . After a further 17 weeks, my MR was rejected and I took my case to appeal.

DLA ended March 3 2019 and my tribunal hearing was heard Msrch 3 2020. I lost my appeal (by one point).

Have just asked for my appeal to go to upper tribunal.

Its a very long and hard struggle I know. However, its a fight Ive got to see through to the bitter end, because the alternative isnt living. Its barely existing and trying to survive on a diet of cornflakes and rationing a loaf of bread to feed myself for a week.

It is soul destroying and yes, its not a quick process, but keep on fighting for your life and your rights.

Get as much help and support as you can from someone who knows how to support you through DWP appeals etc.

You should get your money back-dated from the time you applied if you are still going through the appeal process.

Best of luck , Cat Xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.