pip claim with decision maker — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

pip claim with decision maker

Options
johnnyy85
johnnyy85 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
edited June 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi i called the pip line today and rhey said my pip renewal was with a decision maker i forgot to ask roughly how long it would be, i was wondering if anyone knew how long roughly in this day and age it would take my award runs out in August 

thanks Johnny 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @johnnyy85 Welcome to the community, it is hard to say how long it will be as it depends on workload of the decision maker, where you are in the pile and how much information they need to review in order to make a decision and make sure they have all the information they need.

However this is the last stage so it shouldn't be too long now until you hear something
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @johnnyy85  its usually around six weeks, however as the DWP now have the assessors report you can ask them for a copy of it (it's a PA4), that will give you a good idea of what award the HCP has indicated.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @johnnyy85, how are you getting on?
    Scope

• johnnyy85
    johnnyy85 Community member Posts: 32 Connected
    Options
    Still playing the waiting game thanks I called again and apparently not with decision maker but with the company, I haven’t had a face to face phone and was told if haven’t heard by August it will be extended by 6 months 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you @johnnyy85
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.