Pip backpay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip backpay

zendave888
zendave888 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi everyone.
I had my phone assessment on friday 5th and today received some money in my account (which is great!) but I'm struggling to understand what section it relates to. Do they pay the living allowance separately to the mobility or do you receive them as just one payment?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @zendave888 Welcome on board. The PIP is paid as one payment including both daily living and mobility. It may be hard to work out what you have been awarded from your first payment, this payment could be back pay or first payment which could be part monthly payment.

It is quite normal to get a payment before you get your decision letter but this will come and detail in fulkl your award and payments that will be made
  • zendave888
    Thank you for your response. I'll see what the letter says, when it decides to arrive, and just be glad to receive something! :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @zendave888, they are paid at the same time. I hope this helps:

PIP is made up of 2 components (parts) called daily living and mobility, and each can be paid at either a standard or enhanced rate.

Component                                               Weekly rate
    Daily living - standard rate                     £59.70
    Daily living - enhanced rate                     £89.15
    Mobility - standard rate                     £23.60
    Mobility - enhanced rate                     £62.25

If not then please do let us know! 
    Scope

• zendave888

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.