Been waiting for 2 years for PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Been waiting for 2 years for PIP

Options
dantelloyd
dantelloyd Community member Posts: 23 Connected
Hi,

I applied for PIP back in late March 2018 on account of difficulties brought on by my Autism. After both the original assessment and the mandatory reconsideration come back with a score of 0, I had asked for an appeal. The appeal was supposed to take place 6 days ago, I was waiting by the phone all day, only to not hear anything. Today I received a letter stating that they did not have my phone number despite me giving it to them a couple of weeks prior. Because they lost my number, I am having to wait even longer for my appeal to be heard.

I am getting really tired of being messed around.

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @dantelloyd, I am so sorry to hear the appeal didn't go ahead. I appreciate how frustrating this must be, especially if you had given them your number recently.

Have they given you any indication of when the assessment would now take place? I really hope it doesn't take too long.
    Scope

• dantelloyd
    Options
    Welcome to the community @dantelloyd, I am so sorry to hear the appeal didn't go ahead. I appreciate how frustrating this must be, especially if you had given them your number recently.

Have they given you any indication of when the assessment would now take place? I really hope it doesn't take too long.

There was no indication no, when I rang them to ask why the appeal didn't happen they said that another appeal would likely be in a few weeks.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    Hi @dantelloyd, if you ring next week they may have a date for you. They should let you know when a date has been arranged. I really hope it's not much longer!
    Scope

• dantelloyd
    Options
    Update: The new tribunal date was supposed to be today between 2-4pm, they told me that they had my number so it would not be an issue, it is now 7:30pm and not a single phone call.
  • sunnybabs
    sunnybabs Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    hi everyone  
    I  am very nervous as i have  a telephone  pip tribunal
    tomorrow  , have  you got   any tips  for me
    i would be  most  grateful
    babs
  • sunnybabs
    sunnybabs Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I  guess thats   a no then   
  • dantelloyd
    Options
    sunnybabs said:
    I  guess thats   a no then   
    I'm sorry that you didn't get a reply, however, you likely would have had more luck if you had started your own thread.

Tagging on to someone else's is frowned upon in most communities and further to this people are less likely to view a thread that already has replies.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @dantelloyd I am sorry to hear you are having such a hard time and you have waited so long. Have you managed to get to know anything more from the courts about why they didn't contact you, fingers crossed you hear something soon.

One positive is that if you are successful they will owe you a lot of back pay   
  • PIPPERMAN
    PIPPERMAN Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    Options
    The feedback I have heard about telephone hearings is that people are getting more positive results.
    I belong to a few online groups and generally people are reporting that they have been easier to cope with and more awards are being reported.
  • dantelloyd
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    Hi @dantelloyd I am sorry to hear you are having such a hard time and you have waited so long. Have you managed to get to know anything more from the courts about why they didn't contact you, fingers crossed you hear something soon.

One positive is that if you are successful they will owe you a lot of back pay   

They will likely send me a letter in a couple of days, I am dreading it saying they didn't have my number to contact me as that would likely mean it's just going to be an endless loop.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Options
    sunnybabs said:
    hi everyone  
    I  am very nervous as i have  a telephone  pip tribunal
    tomorrow  , have  you got   any tips  for me
    i would be  most  grateful
    babs
    Hi @sunnybabs, I really hope today went okay!
    Scope

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @sunnybabs. Sorry your post was missed. How did your telephone tribunal go? 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.