Assessment - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assessment

13»

Comments

• faydhar
    faydhar Community member Posts: 63 Connected
    Well as he is now on hemodialysis now  as his condition  worsened  over the time he had been waiting for the  tribunal  .the person  who phoned him to do the tribunal was lovely  he asked if any one wanted to say anything  at the end and my mom mentioned how the assessor had just told complete lies  when he had the assessment  the man in the phone just said dont worry about that  .I  assume they are use to  reading  the lies of the assessors.   I personally  think if an assessor continuously  has cases that go to tribunal and are win they should be sacked 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,622 Disability Gamechanger
    @faydhar I totally agree with you 100% they keep getting away with this over and over again which is so unfair. 
  • faydhar
    Hi all  a further update about my step dad back pay  for the lcwra  group. So today he received  a letter  that  they are paying him 10 months back pay  of lcwra  the amount he has been given is 1400 which is totally  incorrect   he should be getting nearer 3000 . my mom does  get carers element  for him  and I know  one person can not have both the lcwra and the carers element  but  it's my step father  who gets the lcwra and my mon who receives  the carers  element  so they should be getting both.  I've got an awful  feeling they are just not going to get what they are entitled to
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @faydhar. This does sound like an incorrect amount. If he's entitled to 10xLCWRA that's £3360 (plus a few pound for the increase since April 2020). 

Does his decision letter have any information as to why? Did they have any outstanding overpayments or social fund debts they could have used the backpayment to offset?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • faydhar
    On the award letter it doesn't give  a break down of the back pay it just says we will pay you any money that we owe . No they have no debt owing to the social fund  they did have an advance which was only 300 but that's already been paid  hes never claimed any benefits  until  having to claim uc over a year ago . It's just awful how many mistakes they can make they have really tried their best not to pay him what hes entitled too . I've got them to message in their journal questioning  it  .we all just want this finally sorted and over and done with  
  • Adrian_Scope
    It does sound like they've made another mistake @faydhar. I hope they hear back via the journal and receive what they're owed soon. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • faydhar
    Uc  have now paid the correct amount. I was right they had  worked it out as if my step dad  was getting  both careers element and lcwra  not my mom getting one and him the other .just shows they dont actually look properly .anyway  hopefully I can now finally  say the case is closed 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,622 Disability Gamechanger
    @faydhar. Oh so glad that all got sorted a big weight of your step dad and mums mind. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    So pleased they sorted this for him @faydhar and well done on being such an advocate and helping him fight it. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.