Had my Assessors report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Had my Assessors report

positivitygoing1
positivitygoing1 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
Hi All , 

I've just received my assessors report , and it says 13 points for daily and 12 for mobility , 

This was my renewal , my last reward was standard care and no mobility 

I want to be so so happy but I'm worried that the DWP will not go with what the report says , 

To be honest with you it's the enhanced mobility I'm thrilled at because the car i have is 16 years old and the repair bills I haven't been able to do and I've been stressing out about it , 
To be able to have a mobility car would just unburden so much for me , 
My mother is terminally ill , and lives 62 miles away , because I have a member of family living with me when she has had a fall when my dad has been in work , the drive there was stressful because we never knew if the car would make it , 
I've had the car breakdown outside the hospital etc ,the list goes on ,

I don't even care that the assessor has put that I need help for 1 year and 9 months , if me having a mobility car even for that period would make a world of difference ,

Should I let myself feel some form of happiness and less stress , or is there anything that might go wrong ,

And to everyone on here who helps others like you have with me to be that advice is so helpful and your kindness helps to change people's lives , with less stress x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi The decision maker normally goes with the report but not always as I am sure you are aware.

You must have at least a years award to get on the mobility scheme to get a car so you will need to apply very quickly. I would consider using the mobility money to source a car on your own as it isn't always cost effective to have one on the scheme and at least if you fund  your own it wont be taken off you if the award ends.

All I am advising is that you look into if carefully don't just rush in to mobility scheme you are leasing a brand new car from them that is never yours and you may not need brand new ?
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm so happy you are pleased with the report @positivitygoing1! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
    Scope

• positivitygoing1
    positivitygoing1 Community member Posts: 42 Courageous
    Thanks Jayne , yes you are right l won't rush into it , you have made some good points ,
    And thank you Chloe ,
    How long does it take to get the decision letter ? After you receive the assessor report ? ,

And one more thing (sorry to be a pain) my PIP was running out August 20th will I still get paid what I was having before this outcome or will the renewal decision overtake my old one 
    Again thanks everyone
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It can take a while for decision  to be made depends on workload if they need any more evidence at 

The new decision will override your current award 
  • griff11
    griff11 Community member Posts: 127 Pioneering
    I've been looking at pros and cons of my hubby getting a mobility car when my PCP ends.  I had to buy a new car suitable for him 2 years ago after he had an accident and couldn't get in and out of his car and I currently didn't have a car after someone went into the back of me a month earlier. As he was in hospital for months and I needed a car for his weekends home I went for a new car for reliabitity.  I bought an SUV as he needed higher access so this pushed price up but I part ex his car as deposit and pay £250 per month for 10k miles per annum.  I have to make a balloon payment of £10k at the end to own the car (value then should be about £14k so I'll get my deposit back if I purchase car rather than just hand it back)..  On top of this I have to pay road tax,  insurance, servicing, tyres - already had two new front tyres plus from year 2 breakdown cover.

If we have same car on mobility we will have to pay a £1600 deposit and all his mobility allowance which equals £269 a month.  However this extra £19 a month (£228 per year)  is  more than offset by me not having to pay road tax, insurance, servicing, tyres etc. which cost about £1000 a year.  

If he didn't need a bigger car for access but a smaller car then obviously the sums would be different as you get some small cars for £99 per month with £99 deposit on a PCP.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.