Sdp And EDP enquiry — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sdp And EDP enquiry

npower36912
npower36912 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
Hello I have filled in a sdp form 2 weeks ago and just wanting for a decision now how long does this normally take also I am on esa support group and I get pip I have been getting pip for nearly 4 years now I was just wondering if it gets backdated will it be backdated to when my esa first started which is 2014 or when my pip started in 2017 also am I eligible for edp aswell maybe   
thanks 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @npower36912

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of a team of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

@Adrian_Scope

I have just come across this “Benefit Inquiry”

Many thanks 

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @npower36912 and welcome to the community. 

You require PIP/DLA/AA to be eligible for PIP so if you're eligible and have been since your PIP claim begun, it should be backdated to then. 

It's not uncommon to wait a little while for decisions, especially if there's backdating for them to assess for. I hope you hear something soon. :)

(Thanks for the tag @steve51)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • npower36912
    @Adrian_Scope Hello & thank you for your reply so basically my sdp should be backdated to when my Pip was awarded not when esa was awarded also I haven’t been receiving edp on top of my esa so will that get added on or is there a separate form to apply for that aswell

thank you
    N  
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @npower36912, that’s correct it’s about when your PIP started not when ESA began. Do you receive the enhanced rate of Daily Living PIP? 

May I ask how much ESA you currently receive and if you’re on income-related ESA? With the exception of SDP, disability premiums are usually applied automatically if you’re eligible.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • npower36912
    @Adrian_Scope hello again yes I get high rate daily living on pip. I get about £250 from my esa payment every 2 weeks. Ok so if the decision is a yes then they may add the sdp and edp together?

thanks 
    n
  • npower36912
    Hello @Adrian_Scope just checking in to see if you saw my last post I am also on income related esa 
    thanks 
    n
  • Adrian_Scope
    @Adrian_Scope hello again yes I get high rate daily living on pip. I get about £250 from my esa payment every 2 weeks. Ok so if the decision is a yes then they may add the sdp and edp together?

thanks 
    n
    Hi @npower36912. Support Group ESA pays £113.55 a week so it sounds as though you may have the EDP premium aleady. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • npower36912
    Hello @Adrian_Scope thanks for your reply I have just rung esa and have been awarded sdp but it has only been backdated to May this year ...I was living with my parents before this and have moved in to my own place last month so it has not been backdated to 2017 as I thought Is this right 

thanks 
    n
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @npower36912. Unless both your parents (or any other adults living with you) were also receiving DLA/PIP/AA then yes this is unfortunately correct. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.