Expecting ESA50 form, but perhaps due to C19, is delayed. Anyone else in same position? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Expecting ESA50 form, but perhaps due to C19, is delayed. Anyone else in same position?

Options
ESABenefitsUK123
ESABenefitsUK123 Community member Posts: 71 Courageous
According to my diary, I am due to receive an ESA50 form, but it hasn't arrived yet.  I rang the DWP about a year ago, and was told that I would be sent an ESA50 form in around May of this year, as my ESA entitlement was due to be looked at again at around that time.  I am guessing it has been delayed due to the C19 problem, and I wondered, has this happened to other people?  Thanks for any comments.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ESABenefitsUK123 Welcome to the community, I would imagine you are correct and the delay is due to Covid. The DWP are dealing with huge amounts of new benefit claims as you will be aware.

I don't think there is a specified end date for ESA awards and they continue until a new assessment has taken place unlike PIP awards which have an end date  
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 11,011 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @ESABenefitsUK123. There were unfortunately delays even before Covid but it's only added to the issue. As @janer1967 said, while there is a guide as to when you should be reassessed your award will just continue until you are reassessed so try not to worry too much. 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.