Fit Notes — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fit Notes

Options
Shanty321
Shanty321 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
Hi I’ve been getting fit notes now for 14 weeks and I’m due to make my first claim for UC. My query is do I have to give UC new fit notes from my GP for another 12 weeks to qualify for limited work capabilities on UC or do I give evidence of disability’s and illness’s. Thank you in advance for any advice.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome, if you are claiming you are unfit for work you will need to send them your fit notes, and continue to send them until you are told otherwise.

After a period of sending them in you will be referred for a work capability assessment and sent the UC50 form to complete and send medical evidence. You will then have an assessment and a decision will be made and either found fit for work, limited capability for work, or limited capability for work and work related activity/

There are currently long waiting times until any of this will happen
  • Shanty321
    Options
    Hi hi thank you for your reply could I ask is it correct that the wait is at least 13 weeks and you have to send fit notes for the time you are waiting to be assessed no matter how long the wait thank you for your help.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi again yes you are correct you need to send fit notes until they tell you not to.

Wait times can be long talk to your work coach to make sure they refer you as sometimes they dont for ages 
  • Shanty321
    Options
    Hi once again thank you for your help.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.