'Assessment not fit for purpose' - what can I do now? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

'Assessment not fit for purpose' - what can I do now?

watnot1972
watnot1972 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I had my telephone assessment 7 weeks ago I phoned the dwp they said they hadn't heard anything they then enquired for me and I was told that they would need further information so they rearranged another telephone appointment for today 215pm they didn't even bother ringing so I phone the assessment services and was told that the trainee who did the original one albeit with a manager shadowing her that it wasn't fit for purpose so I now have to restart the whole process again what can I do help 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @watnot1972

Good Afternoon & was it great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Sorry to hear ? current problems.

We have got a senior member who is very very good with the Benefit System.

I will forward your post onto him for his take/help/support.

Hi @Adrian_Scope

Can you please offer me some help/support with this post?????

Thanks

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @watnot1972 - Welcome to this supportive community. I'm pleased you've joined, as I can relate. I'm not sure if it was PIP you were claiming, but this was my experience of going through it nearly 2 years ago.
    I had a face to face assessment, then a few days later I had a phone call asking more questions. The following week I received a letter giving a date for another PIP assessment. I didn't want them to think I wasn't going to go for an assessment, so rang explaining I thought it must be a clerical error, as I'd had one. I was told another assessor likely needed to just ask a few more questions. However the next assessor said she knew nothing about this, & I had yet another full assessment.
    I don't know if all assessments are checked, or just random ones; I thought the latter, but can appreciate that a trainee's report would be scrutinised.
    I can appreciate the frustration of not having another phone assessment today, but I wouldn't have thought you'd have to start the whole process again....you still need another phone assessment to pursue your claim. If it's PIP you're claiming, then, if awarded, your claim goes from the date you phoned to start your claim.
    It's also worth knowing that you can ask the DWP for a copy of the assessor's report about a week later. Anyway, may I ask what benefit you were claiming? This will help Adrian from the Scope team to advise. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome I agree you may need to have another assessment but you shouldn't have to start all over again as they should still have your application form.

I would ring again and ask to speak to the decision maker or case manager

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.