PIP reviews — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP reviews

Options
Wini1960
Wini1960 Community member Posts: 130 Pioneering
Hi when I had my assessment three years ago I was in a real state. My anxiety was at an all time high. I managed up to a point until he started talking about the pulmonary embolism and DVT in 2009 and 2014. I started crying because it was the most traumatic event in my life. My review will be in February 2021 and I'm not looking forward to it especially if they start on my long term condition. Got any advice?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi First of all I would try and out it to the back of your mind as it is a long way off yet. Try when you get the review form to put as much details as possible. I only ended up with a telephone call to ask few questions and didn't have to have another f2f I know this is rare but seems they are doing this where the feel a f2f isn't necessary.

You are aware there are lots of posts here giving advice and how to complete a review 

Maybe talking about your DVT with close friends would help as the more you talk about it the easier it will be to do so 
  • Wini1960
    Options
    janer1967 Thank you for your advice.
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Wini1960, hello and welcome, as a claimant due for a review this autumn onwards I have already started to put together a file  of all my recent medical investigations and hospital reports and letters of diagnosis. Any Physiotherapy I have had , required making sure all hospital reports are accurate and not giving any misleading information regarding my abilities. On my last discharge from hospital the letter stated I could walk 100 meters so I spotted the day after my discharge and after numerous phone calls and a call from the consultant who treated me the matter was amended and a new letter sent with the correct details. Had I not seen the error and sent in the unamended letter as part of my supporting evidence my mobility claim of pip would have been scrutinised. So have as much up to date information available ready to send and letters from your helpers and Carer’s.
  • Wini1960
    Options
    wilko Thank you I have all the information and the form is handled by my support officer at CABA which is a benevolent fund for members of the Chartered Accountants in England and Wales. I just wanted to know if the review is anything like the first assessment. There was nothing for me to worry about. It's just every now and then I get these anxious feelings. I was terrified the first time round and it wasn't that bad. I guess I have to work on that with my therapist. Thanks for your advice.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,631 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    A review can be exactly like initial assessments, but as above I wouldn't worry too much yet as your February 2021 date may well get pushed back.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.