Hi, my name is Jayne__art60! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Jayne__art60!

Options
Jayne__art60
Jayne__art60 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all .
I'm am firstly an Artist ? , have been fearlessly independently most of my life.
The past 5 years I developed a neurological condition and as a result all of the above went out the window, I still haven't got my head around needing help to even paint and do basic stuff.  This lock down has done my head in.
On a good point I do have a great support around me.

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @Jayne__art60 and welcome to our little community. I'm really glad you've found your way to us. It can be very difficult when circumstances challenge our independence but there'll be many here who can relate.
    Is there anything you think we'd be able to support you with or advice you might need?

In the meantime, we have an amazing thread here on the community where our members share their artwork and creativity. If you'd like to share some of your painting with us there, you'd be more than welcome. Have a look at our KaleidoScope gallery if you get a chance. :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Hello @Jayne__art60 welcome to the community. I’m Emma, one of the Community Champions who are here to help and advise. I’m sorry to hear you’ve had such a tough time but I’m glad you have a good support network. Please let me or any of the other members know if you need anything or have any questions. We’re all here if you need us at all.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jayne__art60 Welcome to the community great to have you on board. I wish I had your creativity I am hopeless at anything artistic paint by numbers is my sort of level, though I did used to like colouring before I had eyesight issues.

The lockdown has been tough but looking forward to a bit more easing now

Look forward to seeing you around
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jayne__art60 - Welcome to the community from me too. I'm sorry to read about the impact of your neurological disorder, but it's good to read you're still painting, even if you need help. It would be great if you'd share your art on the Kaleidoscope thread Adrian mentioned.
    I hope you enjoy being a part of the community; it's very friendly & supportive. :)
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Jayne__art60

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of a number of Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Yes mine is also “neurological”
    following a Stroke at 32 it has only got worse.

But hey you have to keep smiling & make the most of every day.

@steve51

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Jayne__art60! Great to have you here!
    Scope

Brightness