At last — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

At last

debzone
debzone Community member Posts: 15 Connected
Today I received a text about my telephone assessment it's taken from them receiving my for on the 18 of February till not think that's 17/18 weeks anyway it's been so long I have forgotten what I wrote and how I explained my health problems ...will the assessor have my form to ask questions about ..and I know I forgot to put on the form that I have limited capability for work awarded will it help me letting the assessor know btw thanks for any answers I'm a bit scared now phone calls on weds 

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @debzone. Great news you finally have a date for your assessment. It's normally recommended to take a copy of your form before posting but try not to worry too much. Your assessor will have read your form and will likely ask question based on what you've written. Your limited capability for work isn't wholly relevant as you can work and still receive PIP. However, if the reason you were awarded limited capability for work supports any of the PIP descriptors you could mention it.

Best of luck for Wednesday and let us know how you get on. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • debzone
    I will let you know thanks for easing my mind 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news! Welcome to the community @debzone. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @debzone Welcome to the community, its great you finally have a date for your assessment. Try not to worry too much about not having a copy of your form, it is all about detailing how your condition affects you day to day against the tasks.

Just have a good think to prepare about how you deal with tasks. Think of real examples of what happened last time you tried to do the task and any aids, support help you needed and how often you can do it safely.

Good luck and let us know how you get on
  • debzone
    Had my phone assesment today took 45 minutes it went well I hope I felt he rushed through a bit at the end and I hope I gave a good account of my daily life just a waiting game I guess now and he did say around 8 weeks wait to hear anything so who knows . 
  • janer1967
    Fingers crossed you dont have to wait too long . Dont forget after about 7 days you can request copy of your report. You can then see what the assessor has recommended. This isnt final decision but they normally go with the report 
  • debzone
    Ok great thank you . Who do I ring lol ? Sorry I'm hopeless
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @debzone - To ask for a copy of your assessment report, you ring the DWP's enquiry line: 0800 121 4433. Try ringing early on; they're open from 8am. :)
  • janer1967
    You ring PIP 
  • debzone
    Dwp or pip ?? Even more confused now ?

• janer1967
    Ring the number given above 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry @debzone - should have said the phone number is for the DWP's PIP enquiry line: 0800 121 4433. You should wait a week before requesting this, & it will give you an idea as to what points may be awarded. The DWP's Decision Makers do usually go with this, but you'd still have to wait for your actual decision letter to confirm this. Hope this helps. :)
  • debzone
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    debzone said:
    Had my phone assesment today took 45 minutes it went well I hope I felt he rushed through a bit at the end and I hope I gave a good account of my daily life just a waiting game I guess now and he did say around 8 weeks wait to hear anything so who knows . 
    Fingers crossed for you @debzone!! 
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.