When Charity Shops like Scopes start selling Calendars for the next year — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When Charity Shops like Scopes start selling Calendars for the next year

Options
m_burrell82
m_burrell82 Community member, Scope Member Posts: 171 Pioneering
Are you usually satisfied with them?

When Charity Shops like Scopes start selling Calendars for the next year 4 votes

Yes
25%
katho31 1 vote
No - They should have calendars for Celebrities, WWE and similar.
25%
m_burrell82 1 vote
I'm not interested in calendars.
50%
leeCalTheAlien 2 votes

Comments

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @m_burrell82, an interesting idea! What are your thoughts?

Scope

• m_burrell82
    Options
    I often find most shops in this country these days sell boring calendars on different breeds of dogs and cats and so on. Most of my calendars last year for this year I bought at the Calendar Club - I hope that it is there this year. This year so far with everything I go to closed, I've already bought 4 calendars from Amazon  for 2021. These being for: the group BlackPink; Dua Lipa, Billie Ellish and a calendar of Women from Germany, which likely will go in the Bed Room. So you can see what sort of calendars I look for. 
  • KevStA
    KevStA Community member Posts: 12 Courageous
    Options
    My Mum always sends me a calendar so I never buy for myself. The point is that as they cover a good range of themes they make good "quickie" presents. In the St. Albans shop last year a lot of customers were asking for the ones that come with cardboard envelopes which makes it easier for posting.
  • m_burrell82
    Options
    This year I got 4 calendars from Card Factory.  Then from the Calendar Club in shopping centres I got: Blackpink (again - so happy I got one of them for a second year); girls & cars; Harley Quinn; Olivia Rodrigo; WWE (women). Unfortunately none of the calendars in our Scope shop interested me.
  • m_burrell82
    Options
    (oh and I think I will carry on with those yearly or monthly one page calendars one gets from the Sunday Sport newspapers. The lady I've started connecting with didn't say no when I said about them).  
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds as though you have a good selection of calendars this year @m_burrell82 :) I always used to use a paper calendar growing up, but I haven't used them in quite a few years. I do think there's something nice about a physical one, however, rather than a digital one. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • TheAlien
    TheAlien Community member Posts: 228 Pioneering
    Options
    I'm not interested in calendars.
    Almost every year I get bought a calender, and every time it just sits somewhere gathering dust.  It never even makes it as far as being put on the wall.

I have an electronic one on my tablet, its much easier to move appointments around and fits into my bag.

Brightness