Hi, my name is dayz1703! Backdated premiums on uc waiting times!! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dayz1703! Backdated premiums on uc waiting times!!

dayz1703
dayz1703 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi there, I’m just wondering if anyone knows how long a decision maker on universal credit has, to pay owed backdating carers element and disability element payment? They have both been added to my uc but just waiting on the backdated payment, I have been waiting 6 weeks now but still nothing. Any ideas anyone how long this usually takes because I can’t seem to find anything on the net about this and no sense out uc????

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @dayz1703. Unfortunately there is no set time limit on decisions from a decision maker. It's worth sending your Case Manager a message and asking them to check it's been referred (and whether it even needs to be, it doesn't always). I've seen some people receive decisions and payment within just a few days and others waiting 8-10 weeks.

Fingers crossed you won't be waiting too much longer. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • dayz1703
    Thank you for the quick reply Adrian. I will send them a message.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community great to have you on board, I hope you are not waiting too long but bear in mind how busy the DWP arw with all the additional claims  
  • dayz1703
    Thanks for your reply janer1967, I just wanted an idea that’s all on how long they usually take as I have no idea and I do realise they are busy during this time with all the claims they have to deal with at the moment. 
  • dayz1703
    Hi just an update, I recieved a letter yesterday via journal to say that they will backdate both carers and disability element for 3 months but doesn’t state how much and when I will receive payment, so any idea how long they have to make payment?
  • Adrian_Scope
    That's great news @dayz1703. Once a decision has been made it should be paid quite quickly but needs to be actioned by your Case Manager and for them to calculate how much is owed.
    Write a little note on your journal thanking them for the decision letter and asking when you'll find out how much you've been underpaid. They should be able to calculate and then issue the payment for you.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • dayz1703
    Hi Adrian, I put a message in my journal like you said but still nothing, they’re saying it down to the decision maker to calculate what isn’t owed and when they send it out to me. Is that right??
  • dayz1703
    Meant what is owed
  • Adrian_Scope
    Hi @dayz1703, sorry you're still waiting! It's my understanding that the decision maker should decide whether it will be backdated and when to/how many months. From there the case manager is issued a 'to-do' and recalculates your statements.
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.