Got the letter after appeal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Got the letter after appeal

Lulu_1949
Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
Just wanted to thank you all for being so supportive. 
My son went from 4 points mobility to 10 on appeal and from 4 points to 8 on daily living so he got standard rate. So pleased that we have finally been believed the pain he is suffering. Think he should have got 12 for mobility as he can’t do 20 metres but I am so grateful that the judge believed us. Love to you all. X

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's brilliant news @Lulu_1949, I'm so pleased for you and your son. Well done for seeing it through to this point, it's been a long time coming.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Lulu_1949
    Thanks thanks so much Adrian_Scope x
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    so happy for you and your dear son xx glad you kept going, you do get the strength from someone/somewhere x scope community and Adrian scope are amazing, well done and have a lovely relaxed evening x
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,623 Disability Gamechanger
    Aww just saw this post, I’m delighted for you and your son all the hard work paid off, such a shame he didn’t get the higher mobility but great he got something, so happy for you ❤️xx
  • Lulu_1949
    Lou 67 and Kathy 31, thank you both so much, yes it’s a shame he didn’t get the higher rate. Think he deserves it but it goes to show dissecting every paragraph of the HP s assessment was Worth it. He has help now to pay Towards getting an automatic car so that he can work and doesn’t have to rely on my husband who is not well to take him everywhere. Think he will have to have a replacement ankle for the replacement he already has, something needs to be done. I am so grateful that he has been given something although I think everyone would agree, having first class health beats all the money in the world and would love for my son to have his mobility back x
  • Lou67
    Oh definitely it’s a living nightmare, not having your health and mobility, I’m waiting on 2 knee replacements amongst other ailments and really struggle to get about but I need to remind myself there’s people a lot worse than me, again so pleased you got word back before the weekend so you can have a peaceful one  without that hanging over yous ☺️xx
  • Lulu_1949
    oh bless you, I had an accident in November whilst in a Tenerife celebrating my husband having a spell of no hospital appointments, we were both in hospital in opposite beds on the cardiac ward, he had three heart attacks, kidney taken out because of cancer, I had a heart operation. So we decided to go away and I fell the last day broke my hip, so had to have a replacement over there! The pain was horrific. I am just managing with a limp so am pleased my sons appeal is done. Xx
  • Lou67
    Oh my yous have had a terrible time with everything, I really hope things are turning around for yous, and hope yous can get a bit of peace to relax and recover from everythingxx 
  • Lulu_1949
    Lou67 thank you so much x
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations @Lulu_1949 - great news in helping your son so much. I hope this helps you all. Ouch! I fell & fractured my hip 4 years ago, & now have a plate & 2 screws. Certainly not much fun. :(
  • Lulu_1949
    @chiarieds, thanks yes..So pleased for my son, l had a full replacement, the Spanish paramedics would not give me pain relief till I got to Hospital and then would not let me through the hospital doors till my husband paid them 250 euros, THEN the hospital would not give me pain relief till my insurance company transferred 
    20, 000 euros to the hospital bank account so it was 6 hours till I got pain relief. I stayed in this hospital 10 days, no physio and my doctor reckons this delayed my recovery because they wouldn’t get me up! This was a private hospital. I can feel the pain every time I think about it?Operation ended up costing 16,500 euros so thank god I was insured ?x
  • chiarieds
    Hi @lulu1949 - I managed to fracture my hip at the end of my son's wedding day (on a Saturday). They got me a taxi home with eldest granddaughter who was staying with me. So I hid my pain for just over 12 hours until my daughter came to collect her the following day. Rang for help, & an ambulance was called. The pain relief I was given in hospital was ineffective, but at least I was fortunate that I was first on the operating list on the following Monday.
    As a physio, I must say everyone in the hospital was great, & at least I knew how to help myself. I can't hardly believe you weren't helped to mobilise in 10 days! I'm sure this did delay your recovery.
    If I can add a tip, which I hope might help, as I was determined not to limp (which I know is easier said than done), try walking slowly, but correctly, bearing weight evenly & being mindful of your posture. :)
  • Lulu_1949
    Hi @chiarieds, oh thanks so much for that advise. Yes they didn’t even let me out of bed for six days to use the toilet?I will try that, I must admit my left foot points outwards to the left when I walk. I try to straight it but it seems to hurt my hip a little. I am paranoid at falling again. My goodness you were good hiding the pain that long. What we do for our family eh?hope you are feeling better x
  • chiarieds
    I do appreciate where you're coming from @Lulu_1949 as I was fearful of falling again for a long, long time. I'm OK apart from lack of sensation on one side of the incision, & it's not comfortable to lie on that side as the surgery has caused lack of muscle bulk on that side.
    I've no doubt I would have been worse without my experience of being a physio. I used to teach exercises for people who'd had a fractured hip/hip replacement as a physio student. It wasn't so nice being on 'the other side of the fence' many years later! :)
  • Lulu_1949
    Crikey @chiarieds I’m the same can’t lay on that side, mind you I have never slept on my left since I had heart problems even though I have now had an ablation to correct the electrics to my heart. Still never sleep on the left. Mind you , you being a physio is great to know what to do. I now have to take an acid tablet once a week and a calci D tablet. They x-rayed  my right side when I went for my first hospital appointment and said I had to careful about my bones and osteoporosis . Flipin heck I thought! I was as fit as a fiddle before my fall.☹️
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations on the result great news, off car hunting now I guess
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Fantastic news @Lulu_1949! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Lulu_1949

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.