Telephone Tribunal Hearing on 1st — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Telephone Tribunal Hearing on 1st

clarzier
clarzier Community member Posts: 51 Courageous
I had a telephone tribunal hearing in March which was adjourned and then lockdown happened. I've received a letter confirming I have one on Wednesday - has anyone had one during lockdown and how was it? Also I have noticed that my hearing in March was very specific about the time, but my hearing on Wednesday says that I will be called between 10 and 1 - is this due to lockdown and changes to the way they do thing. Any help and advice greatly appreciated x

Comments

• Lulu_1949
    Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    @clarzier Hi, Yes we had one on Thursday for my son. Our letter said between 10 and 1 and we got a call at 9.45 from the clerk to the court telling us that we would definitely be getting the calls between that time and that we had to press two keys on the phone I think it was star and another but he will tell you. It is like a conference call. The clerk explained that there would be the judge, he gave his name, then a doctor she was a lady and her name and another lady’s name who dealt with disability . The clerk was lovely and put me at ease. The phone then rang at 10 am and it took one hour exactly. The judge spoke first, then the two ladies all asking questions. 
    I hope this helps you, good luck x
  • clarzier
    Thank you that was similar to the one in March but I didn't have to press they keys. Hope you don't mind me asking but did you get a decision Thursday? Did they ask lots of questions about your bundle/evidence or were they about your son on day to day basis. Thanks again sorry for the questions

• Lulu_1949
    Probably the pressing of the keys was about the connecting of all the phones I don’t know I am not technical lol. I had all the bundle ready so I could turn to a page if they needed as they are numbered. I also was ready to answer questions on the three pages I sent in disputing what happened at the assessment but NO. although I am my son’s Appointee I asked I they wanted me to answer but they said I could say something at the end but that they would speak to my son . They asked who else was in the room and I said my husband and they just said hello to him. They were really nice.
    they questioned my son on walking distances, where did he go, getting dressed, preparing food etc. Basically the things that award you points. As I said it was an hour. Then it was over phew. 
    No we didn’t get an answer then the judge came back on at the end and said we would hear within the next 48 hours but we got the letter the next morning so we are now waiting for the letter from the DWP

• clarzier
    Thank you so much. X
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,627 Disability Gamechanger
    @clarzier. Hi I just wanted to say hello and wish you well for Wednesday I hope all goes good  for you ?
  • clarzier
    Thank you. Panic is setting in today.
  • Lou67
    Oh I know it’s a very stressful time for you, but there’s been a high number of appeals been won lately so al be saying a wee prayer yours is also won.
  • clarzier
    Thank you but knowing my luck I am going to be the one that breaks the lucky streak!
  • Lou67
    Oh I no it’s hard not to think like that I’m the same at times, I’m currently waiting on word back from my MR but will probably have to appeal as it’s a low % that gets changed at this stage☹️ Iv went through an appeal before and won back in 2018 but it ran out in February I was awarded 6 points for daily living and 10 for mobility so I’m receiving standard mobility so I’m really hoping I get another 2 points for daily living. 
  • clarzier
    I can't believe they change it when you have gone through appeal and proved yourself x
  • Lou67
    Oh I no it’s a nightmare so I’m probably going to go through it again ?‍♀️
  • Lulu_1949
    @Lou67 oh my goodness, so when it ran out in February do you not get called straight away for an assessment? So you don’t go for months? 
  • Lou67
    Oh hiya @lulu1949 Oh I ended up calling them in November as I had thought they would’ve sent them, they sent me forms out I got help to fill sent them back, but my award ran out on February 7th I didn’t get an assessment till 10th March, came back in April I was 2 points short for my DL to be reinstated, got awarded standard mobility, Iv lost over £400 a month because I was getting DL I got an extra premium on my ESA so it’s a big loss, sorry Iv went on a bit lol xx
  • Lulu_1949
    @Lou67 That is awful, so you gave 3 months notice that it was running out, I’m not used to this as you know my son has only just got his but I thought you would be pulled in for an assessment  N January so that you could have continuance with no gaps? 
  • Lou67
    Oh I thought that to but no not the case, if I am lucky enough to get awarded again I will make sure I ring them at least 6 months in advance, you should do the same if you don’t hear about your sons 6 months before it runs out, oh sorry I’m going on about it running it and yous have just won award lol but I just mean so you no in the future xx
  • neuromum4
    neuromum4 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    @clarzier, glad you have yours soon, mine too was adjourned should have been on April 1st, still awaiting a new date.
    I hope all goes well.

@Lou67 I'm sorry you have to go through it all again. Hopefully they get it right 1st time round.

I really think the system they use should be changed.

I am around week 66 of my original claim, thankfully I have a representative. I find all this paperwork too much and it really stresses me out.

Hi @Lulu_1949 .

Hope all goes well with the tribunal, assessments and outcomes.

Neuro.
  • Lou67
    @neuromum4. Oh thankyou, yes I agree I think they need to trying bring in a better system, asif we aren’t going through enough with our illnesses and disabilities, we have to jump through hoops to receive out benefits ?‍♀️I wish you well on your appeal let’s no how it goes take care ?
  • Lulu_1949
    @Lou67 Thanks so much, no worries it’s nice to know for the future, I wish you well with yours x
    @neuromum4 had tribunal Thursday thanks my son got awarded standard for both thank you x
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Hi Lou, Sandy and everyone  :), only just come online, hope the breeze is a much needed welcome after that heat, ive had the best sleep in months :) my stress has eased a lot and im more focused so happy with that x wishing everyone the best of luck with tribunals/pip etc, prayers always said from us x
  • Lulu_1949
    @katho31 thanks  .... same as you said...??xx

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.