Pip or pension? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip or pension?

Options
leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
hi, my pip award ends next year but my pension begins, is it true that I can’t get pip after that in addition to pension? Just wondering, thanks.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• leeCal
    Options
    @Username_removed thank you, the dates are both March 2021, I originally thought they’d done it on purpose so that I am helped by one or the other? 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If all else fails you can claim AA when you have retired, although that has no mobility part just care.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• leeCal
    Options
    Thank you @woodbine, attendance allowance could help things, I’ll check somewhere about rates etc,

― Dalai Lama XIV

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello, if you are claiming pip at pension claim date you will continue to receive pip unless you do not meet the requirements for claiming. You can renew your current claim if you loose the mobility part you will have to take it to tribunal. If it’s your first pip application then you will not be awarded the mobility part once you have past the pension claiming age if it’s your first pip claim.
  • leeCal
    Options
    Thank you @wilko that’s helpful to know. I’ll phone them tomorrow and find out about renewing. Thanks.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @leeCal, did you manage to get in touch with them? :)
    Scope

• leeCal
    Options
    Hi @Chloe_Scope no, I decided to look around and I found out that you can’t renew a claim before six months and in theory they should contact me three months before the award end date. So I decided to let it go for a few months, until October actually. Then I’ll phone them. I got the info from turntoUs so I’m relying on it being correct.

on a separate matter Chloe I’m not getting notifications when someone uses my name etc any thoughts on that please?

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @leeCal, here is how you should be able to change your email settings:
    • Go to 'My profile' at the top of the page
    • Press 'Edit profile' 
    • Press 'Notification preferences' 
    • Scroll down to 'Notify me when people mention me' and make sure 'email' is ticked
    • Press 'Save preferences' which is at the bottom of the page
    Hope this helps!
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.