DLA - aids and adaptions question — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA - aids and adaptions question

Options
debbieletts1980
debbieletts1980 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited July 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi there im new here and filling in this dla form for my 4 yr old so , in on the question about - Does the child use, or have they been assessed for, any aids or adaptions? im going for the high rate but i dont know what to write here, any help would be most appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @debbieletts1980

Good Morning & Welcome ??

I am one off the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

We have got a senior member who will be able to help you with your DLA.

Hi @Adrian_Scope
    Can you please offer me some help with this post?????

Many Thanks.

@steve51
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @debbieletts1980 how are you this evening, totally agree with @Username_removed dla for a four year isn't easy but you "don't go for" a rate you apply and see what is awarded or not, as with all the questions you answer them as fully and honestly as possible.
    Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    edited July 2020
    Options
    [Removed by moderator - we do not allow personal attacks on the community. Please familiarise yourself with our community guidelines.]
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @debbieletts1980 and a warm welcome to the community.

As mentioned above, for high rate care component of DLA you would need to be able to evidence that they have substantial care needs day and night that are above the expected for a child of their age. 

With regards to the question you've asked, does your child use any specific aids? 
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.