Pip Renewal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip Renewal

Msbettyboop
Msbettyboop Community member Posts: 27 Courageous
Hi my pip ends August 2020 and I believe I will be up for renewal/ assessment this February. I just wanted to know will I continue to be paid pip until another decision has been made? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi,

Yes, it will continue until the decision's made. If a decision hasn't been made by your end date then your PIP will stop.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Msbettyboop
    @poppy123456 Thanks,your a star as usual! ?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    You're very welcome and thank you :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • nickih
    nickih Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I see people have commented that if award made by a tribunal get contacted 14 weeks before and if by pip then 6 months or previously a year before. This in not correct mine was by a tribunal and they still contacted me a year before to renew
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @nickih and welcome to the community. It used to be a year before but they shortened this. Was it recently you were contacted?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • nickih
    nickih Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I contacted them last week and they wont send me renewal forms. It runs out on october. I have lots of additional medical conditions to add and letters but didnt want to start again with a new application   tried online  ut no renewal forms available to print myself to send
  • Msbettyboop
    Just wanted to come back and update this thread with good news. I sent my review forms back just before we went into lockdown and was not expecting to hear back anything either for a few months or was expecting a letter for a telephone assessment. I thought I would only be awarded mobility this time or my whole pip might get taken off me. Today had the dreaded brown envelope arrive and was surprised to see I must of had a paper based assessment and was awarded standard daily living and enhanced on mobility till 2023 so I'm absolutely chuffed as ive just come out of hospital a few days ago and a huge weight taken off my shoulders and made me feel better. 
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,611 Disability Gamechanger
    Aww that is great news, so happy for you a big relief, now the stress of this is away you can relax take care ?
  • Msbettyboop
    @Lou67 Thank you I can definitely relax now, hope some other people on here get some good news and post it as well, just to show it's not all bad all the time. X
  • Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 6,611 Disability Gamechanger
    Aw yeah your definitely right, I’m waiting on word back from my MR fingers crossed if no change will be off to appeal again lol 
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    well done @Msbettyboop!! made up for you  :)
  • jenson1
    jenson1 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Well done hope mines gud news ha
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Msbettyboop Congratulations and thank you for sharing with us it is good to see a good news story and to reassure other members that some outcomes are good first time round
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Great news @Msbettyboop
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.