Hello, How Is Everyone - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello, How Is Everyone

2»

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    edited July 2020
    AndyGT said:
    I use to be a serving police officer until I damaged my back in an urgent assistance call.
    Thats cool about being a police officer, what did you do in the police? I have a family member who was a police officer (detective). :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I find them really relaxing. :)
    Scope

• AndyGT
    AndyGT Community member Posts: 736 Pioneering
    66Mustang...... My main role was a response driver, though I was also shield trained as I was auto crimes.   I did spend sometime on a Burglary squad and also as a 'Street Duties Instructor'... I absolutely loved it and had never wanted to do anything else.....
  • AndyGT
    To one and all, have just heard some of the very best news ever..... Next Tuesday (11th July) it is world  CHOCOLATE day.  Yes indeed... Mmmmmmm ? Whoo HOO..... 
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Oooo thanks for that @AndyGT! Chocolate thread in the coffee lounge?  :D
    Scope

• AndyGT
    ?Mmmmmmmmmmmm Lovely.  What is your favourite.  Mine is I love a Picnic.  Though  there is an American one called Pay Day  that comes a close second.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    I've taught myself not to like chocolate too much :open_mouth:

I always found I can't eat a sensible amount, if I start eating it I have to eat lots of it, so better to not have any at all. :| The same logic that teetotal alcoholics use I guess :D
  • serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    Hi @AndyGT
    im not doing so bad now the football is back  :)
    And the coffee shops beginning to open up , 
    I used to like going on short trips , hopefully I can begin to do that again.
    best wishes 
     :)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • AndyGT
    serenity2... I must admit I have really missed the Sport.  Especially the Rugby??.  Though I watch football as well as long as they don't clash. What is your team? I use to love hiking and camping etc but alas not for some time now.  I know having a coffee at home is cheaper, but meeting a friend in a coffee shop is much more fun. I love a drop of caramel syrin mine......  Oh well I hope you get to do the things you love soon.  Take care. 
  • serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    Hi @AndyGT

i support Liverpool FC ??
    and yes sport is a great distraction at times...it helps a lot.
    sorry you’ve not been able to hike or camp for some time ...my trips are usually on a train to the next village or maybe somewhere new to try out a coffee shop ..so not greatly adventurous but nice all the same ..
    I don’t watch rugby , mostly because I don’t really understand it , but whatever we enjoy is good for us in my opinion...no matter how small..

take it easy ..great to chat !  :)

:)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • AndyGT
    serenity2 ... I too am a Liverpool⚽️?fan and have been since the 70s.  As a young man I had 2 gold fish named Kevin (Keegan) and John (Toshack). I have never been great at Football, no better than the school second 11. So I have always erred towards Rugby  because I had the build and shape. I have tried most sports with some degrees of success better than others.  Do you do any sport?  Going anywhere new is an adventure and there are some lovely villages and places to visit. So enjoy your coffee wherever that may be. Take care and good to talk. 

Brightness