How long after appeal do the DWP start paying. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long after appeal do the DWP start paying.

Lulu_1949
Lulu_1949 Community member Posts: 236 Pioneering
edited July 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi everyone hope you are all having a lovely day.
Don't know if you remember me but my son won his appeal on 25th June, standard for both. Got the court letter the day after which was great, but there was a typo error with the dates so I rang the court and they told me to put in a correction notice which I did straight away.
I have rung the court to ask if they got it this morning she said it had gone to the judge to be corrected but that the original paperwork was sent to the DWP on 25/6/20  by email showing it had been granted but when I rang the DWP this morning they say that as far as they are concerned their paperwork shows that he has been denied PIP and they have nothing from the court?
can any one please tell me if this has happened to them and how long it normally takes for payment to come through, thanks in advance x

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

It will take some time for the DWP to get the court decision and log this on their system, they then have the right of appeal and to request a statement of reasons, not that they normally do this.

So payment can take a while and is usually but not always after the 4 weeks they have to appeal. Most payments take up to 8 weeks but I think they are doing things a bit quicker at the moment
  • Lulu_1949
    @janer1967 oh my goodness I thought they could only appeal on a point of law, hope we don’t have to go through all this again! So what happens if they appeal the appeal we won? Thanks for advising me x
  • janer1967
    Hi it is only a point of law that they can appeal which I'd why it doesn't normally happen 

Dont panic yourself they just have the same rights as you and I haven't come across them doing so 

You have won and relax 
  • Lulu_1949
    @janer67 oooh thank you I was starting to get palpitations!  Suppose we will just have to sit back and wait, can’t believe we won and then the dates were written down wrong.x
  • janer1967
    Yes very unfortunate you would think they would be double checked

Suppose it shows even they make mistakes 
  • Lulu_1949
    @janer1967 yes it does we are all human, but wondered if I had not picked up on it and left it alone instead of sending a correction in whether it would have just gone through. I just thought the DWP would pick up on it and would not be as quick as me in sending in a correction! 
  • janer1967
    Yea you did the right thing DWP might not have noticed and put wrong details on system 
  • Lulu_1949
    @janer1967 yes I suppose you’re right. Will just do the wait now thanks for your help x

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.