Post telephone apt — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Post telephone apt

Options
mumofthetwins
mumofthetwins Community member Posts: 41 Connected
edited July 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hi guys 
my mum had her telephone assessment on 17th June. I called yesterday to check on the status and they said DWP received the report the day before (2 weeks from assesment) .. is it normal for it to take that long ? 
The lady did say they had sent a letter but no decision was made yet .. I’m assuming the letter was to say they had received the report. Is this also normal. 
I asked for a copy of the report and the lady said that the decision may well be different to the report but she would still send it if I wanted, so I said yes ... 

any idea when we should hear anything ? 

My mum is a real panickier and she didn’t really want to apply but she can’t walk or stand for more than a few minutes and we really just wanted to get some badges to make it easier when taking her to the docs or hospital .. I’m just hoping that it’s sooner rather than later as she gets herself in a right state.

We we are in the north east if this makes any difference ?

Thanks Lisa  

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hello @mumofthetwins. This all sounds perfectly normal. 
    The assessment reports usually reach DWP within a week but not always. Sometimes they are randomly selected for internal checking, other times it just takes a while to show or be logged onto the system. 

It's also usual that the assessment report doesn't necessarily reflect the award you may get. The assessor makes a recommendation to the DWP and a DWP decision maker will look at the report and all the evidence and make a decision. They do usually go with the assessment report but not always. As they've said they're sending a copy you should receive this within the next week.

Unfortunately there is no timescale for decisions and I've seen them take anywhere between a few weeks and a few months. Fingers crossed you won't be waiting too long. 
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the community I just wanted to say hello as Adriasn has already given you a reply to your question.

Fingers crossed for your mum's application
  • mumofthetwins
    mumofthetwins Community member Posts: 41 Connected
    Options
    Thanks guys ... hopefully it won’t be too long for her or our sanity lol  xx 
  • katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.