Period to payment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Period to payment

fatherinpain
fatherinpain Community member Posts: 177 Courageous
I know pip is paid 4wks in arrears but what I want to know is the gap between the 4wk period till actual payment, anybody know?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi I am not quite sure what you mean but PIP is paid every 4 weeks so it doesnt fall on the same date each month.

If this isnt what you were asking jus give more information and I will try and help 
  • fatherinpain
    i know it’s every 4wks paid in arrears but how long between the 4wks until payment is received. As like with Uc you’ll receive payment one whole week after the assessment period, 
  • janer1967
    First payment will be made once it is auctioned by DM there is no set time 
  • fatherinpain
    I’m already receiving my payments, but have been told today my new period would start on 15/7 which is a Wednesday, my payments are paid on a Thursday last one I received was yesterday, so this will leave a 16day gap between 14th and 30th when next payment is due. 
  • janer1967
    I suggest you ring them and ask that is the only way to find out for certain 
  • fatherinpain
    edited July 2020
    If I calculate every 4wks from start of claim it appears I receive payment  on the start of wk 5, so similar to Uc in the payment method, but then this doesn’t coincide with the 16day gap above or how my new period starts 15/7
  • janer1967
    I am sorry I dont know the answer as i said call them to find out exactly 
  • fatherinpain
    Welcome back @poppy123456 and hope all is good in the world for you and your family. After phoning pip and not really getting to bottom of my query I was wondering if you could shed any light?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,353 Disability Gamechanger
    HI and thanks. I'm not too bad thanks, hope you are well too.

Your question has already been answered here. PIP is paid 4 weeks in arrears. So for example i had my last payment on Wed 15th July and my next payment will be Wed 12th Agust  and that will be the day i will receive it in my bank.

Just read back here and i see that your last payment was July 2nd, is that correct? If so then your next payment will be Thursday July 30th. I'm nnot sure what you mean by a 16 day gap, there's no gap because it's paid 4 weeks in arrears.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • fatherinpain
    Yes you are correct next payment is due 30th July. Just a letter I received  from dwp  saying my next payment period starts 14th July, dwp couldn’t explain it either, and wasn’t sure if it was instant payment or a week/2week delay in receiving payment 
  • poppy123456
    Are you transferring from DLA or is this a PIP review? Sorry can't remember.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • fatherinpain
    No I was on pip enhanced daily living and standard mobility but was awarded enhanced mobility at tribunal and had award extended till 2023
  • poppy123456
    Your existing payment dates will continue as they were previously. You will of course be owed backdated money for the difference in the standard and Enhanced mobility, if you haven't received that already. There's no gab in the payment dates and i'm unsure why you think there is.
  • fatherinpain
    Hi @poppy123456. I understand payments etc but what I mean is say my period is 1st-28th when will the payment then fall into account the 28th or a later date?
  • poppy123456
    You're getting confused with the payments for PIP against that for UC because it doesn't work that way. It's paid 4 weeks in arrears depending on what day your payment date falls on. Your payment dates will just continue as they were previously but once the award is put into payment then they will be increased.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.