Favourite film or film star — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Favourite film or film star

leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
one of my favourite films is Anger management with Jack Nicholson, so funny! I like Jack Nicholson films generally though not all.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• katho31
    katho31 Posts: 692 Pioneering
    Meet the fockers is sooo funny, cringeing watching it!! :) also the peter sellers is it pink panther? and alan partridge  :)
  • katho31
    and love alan carrs sense of humour  :)
  • leeCal
    edited July 2020
    @katho31
     Meet the fockers is sooo funny, cringeing watching it!! 

totally agree, Robert de Niro is very versatile, I like Midnight Run too, funny crime caper.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• katho31
    Yes @leeCal, i agree, and midnight run so funny :) weve got dvd Still Game comedy, its set in glasgow  imthought id damaged my ribcage when i first watched it!! also live at the appolo on bbc2 goo, we watched russel kane other night, brilliant and so quick!!  :)
  • leeCal
    Not such a funny film but quite gripping is Lucy, scarlet Johansson

― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    Another of my favourites is needful things starring Max Von Sydow, quite dark.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• serenity2
    serenity2 Community member Posts: 250 Pioneering
    Pulp fiction one of my favourites...
    love  the dance they do absolutely brilliant ! 

:)
    Best Wishes
    serenity2 
  • katho31
    officer and a gentleman with richard gere  <3
  • katho31
    Hi all, evening  :) we got the irishman off amazon, not watched it yet, its a long film so got be in the mood, has anyone seen it? 
  • leeCal
    No, I haven’t seen the Irishman, sorry.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Older person, older likes and dislikes....

Films
    Pretty much any John Wayne is worth watching.
    The Matrix films were exceptional.
    The second Alien film "Aliens" was more a war file than scary, brilliant!
    The original "Rollerball" starring James Caan.
    Steve Mcqeen in "Bullit" and "The great escape".
    Kurt Russell in "Stargate", "Soldier" and "Big trouble in little china"
    All of the Star Wars films, even those recent ones where I had to mentally replace new characters with old ones (book fan). Will discuss separately if anyone wants to, lol!

TV series
    Ben Browder in "Farscape".
    Richard Dean Anderson in "Stargate SG1".
    Mark Harmon in "NCIS".
    James Spader in "The blacklist".

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    The Matrix is a good film!
    Scope

• katho31
    i didnt mind total recall and loved the sopranos years ago  :)
  • leeCal
    A simple plan with Bill Paxton, Bridget Fonda and billy Bob Thornton was a great little film.
    speaking of Billy Bob Thornton reminds me of Bad Santa! Very funny.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• katho31
    ohhh bad santa hilarious!! i liked the first home alone also  :#
  • leeCal
    Home alone was a good film and I watch it again every Christmas along with the die hard films and where eagles dare.
    another of my favourites is The Edge with Anthony Hopkins and Alec Baldwin.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• katho31
    Yes its a great film over christmas  :) and bruce willis good too, ive not seen the edge? will look for that, is it a thriller? weve got a few off ebay, when it says 'used' weve bought them and never had a bad one  :) have you watched prison break and dexter, my pal lent me dexter, its so gory but compelling
  • leeCal
    To be honest I can’t watch gory films, I get anxiety etc. No, I haven’t seen prison break. 
    The Edge is a unique film, it is a thriller but more than that and Anthony Hopkins very good as you expect., I’d recommend it.

― Dalai Lama XIV

• katho31
    Oh i shouldnt watch them, i end up screaming!! i will definately get the egde, i think anthony hopkins is an amazing actor too, thank you  :)
  • leeCal
    @katho31 your welcome, I hope you enjoy the film ?

― Dalai Lama XIV

Brightness